suitable bike

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by ollythecyclist, 8 Aug 2012.

1. ollythecyclist

ollythecyclist New Member

Hi Guys/Girls,

I'm wanting to start road cycling at 50miles 4 days per week and a long ride about 80-90 miles on a weekend.

I am wanting to know the suitable gears/specs i should need for this venture/exercise. I weigh 77kg and my height is 183cm. Also if anyone has a bike for sales, please let me know.

2. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

What's your budget?

3. OP
    OP
    ollythecyclist

ollythecyclist New Member

200-500 pounds

4. Hacienda71

Hacienda71 Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

Road Bikes worth buying imho start circa £300 Btwin Triban 3 or Carrera range. At £500 you would be bringing in a few of the bigger names entry level models like Specialized, Trek etc. The type of bike you choose will have a bearing on how you ride. For example a Specialized Allez is a more aggresive riding position than a Specialized Secteur which is a little more laid back so potentially more comfortable on longer rides.

5. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

That's a lot of miles for a beginner - chapeau!

More relaxed probably better - Secteur or Cannondale Synapse - £500 will be entry or second hand

Happy shopping :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice