Suitable footwear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Cyclebum, you still there? I've been away for a few weeks.

Not sure what shoes you went for but I got Tahos and I adore them and wore them round India as well. Brilliant shoes.

You must be so excited...you feeling okay?

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

having almost decided and almost bought online I have been sent into confusion ;) The latest advice is to take and wear old trainers and kit and them dump them there in order to have more room to bring back goodies :biggrin:
I really liked those Tahos but they didn't have my size on offer, however they did have the others and a good deal on pedals! Do I buy them ready for when I get home home or take them with me! My head is now in such a spin I just wish I was there and all these decisions made AAAAAhhhhhh:ohmy:

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

Hi Cathryn, thanks for asking. Just 2 weeks today and I'm very excited/panicky but generally well and got the all clear from the surgeon on tuesday. Did my first x-bike today and deliberatley missed out 1 bit at the begining but otherwise it went really well. Just wish I was more organised and could decide on my footwear!!!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
cyclebum said:
I really like the look of those Tahos which is a good start though I am not sure about the sizes. It depends wether they measure up generous or not.
I've got Tahos and wide feet. I normally were size 41 shoes, but ended up with 42 in the Tahos. I haven't yet gone clipless too scared:smile:.

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

Sorry Punkypossam, I have not been on for a few days as I am busy getting last minute training pushed to it's limits :tongue:.(1 week tomorrow!!) I was going to mail you to ask how yours is going?

As for the shoes, I have been and had a chat at my LBS and they have a nice pair of Tahos at a good price but disgusting colour- I fessed up to that being a very girlie thing to say but he said male cyclists can be a lot worse when it comes to co-ordinating (sorry guys ;)). However I have decided to take some old comfy trainers and ditch them there to make room for all the goodies I will want to bring back :biggrin:. On my return (and recovery) I plan to go back and have a proper try on and finally make the commitment. I have been reading the current 'clippless' thread with interest.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can I hijack this...... cyclebum... you need to tail off your training asap now - with a week to go otherwise you'll be tired....still ride but take it easy - get the muscles loose and pain free

cyclebum said:
Sorry Punkypossam, I have not been on for a few days as I am busy getting last minute training pushed to it's limits ;).(1 week tomorrow!!) I was going to mail you to ask how yours is going?

To be honest, I haven't really done any, had loads of college work to do, was away quite a bit and it rained non-stop...and I think I'm scared of flattening myself with those powergrips (still haven't even adjusted them, but hey, they are supposedly easier to use than clipless...hmmm...) But yes, I really need to get myself back on the bike, need a big motivational kick up the backside...

Your trainer idea sounds good, it's shopping heaven, so you'll need all the space you can get. Just don't buy anything when you first get there, you will realise at the end that you could have had it for a third of the price - no matter how cheap it seems...

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

Thanks for the concern/advice Fossyant ;). The reccomended training programme (which in general went out the window bythe 2nd month) reccomends 2 consecutive long rides (50 miles) in the last month. Ideally I would have done this a couple of weeks ago but it was too soon after my op. I am planning a 45 mile ride saturday and 49 in sunday and then I plan to pull right back . I set off Thusday but our 1st day cycling isnt till Sunday so that gives me almost a week off. If I do anything next week it will be swimming though I don't plan to do too much generally, as you say enough to keep the muscles moving.

Mortiroloboy

cyclebum said:
Thanks for the confusion:wacko:. Trouble is I am not taking my bike so I don't know what the pedals will be like.
If I were to go for the shoes suggested, what pedals would I need and how much would they cost. I was just thinking that if the shoes could be used either way, if I am not confident enough before I would have the choice. What do you reckon?

The solution to that problem is easy, do what a lot of people do who are going abroad just on holiday but fancy a ride,(and may hire a bike) take a pair of pedals with you, ones that you like and that fit your preferred shoe, then when you get to Inja you can take the pedals off the supplied bike and put yours on...Hey presto:smile:

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

User259iroloboy said:
The solution to that problem is easy, do what a lot of people do who are going abroad just on holiday but fancy a ride,(and may hire a bike) take a pair of pedals with you, ones that you like and that fit your preferred shoe, then when you get to Inja you can take the pedals off the supplied bike and put yours on...Hey presto:smile:

Thanks for this advice but it all depends on luggage space/weight. My helmet I am taking in my hand luggage, but I am already taking my saddle (kindly loaned by Mickle and loving it:smile:), by the time I have added 1/2 of Boots and the other 1/2 of superdrug, my sleeping bag that having taken it out cannot get it back into its bag:sad:,trainers ect.. I am begining to worry whether I have any room for clothes. This is 1 trip where there is no room for straightners or hairdryers, but I have invested in 4 buffs including 1 with a peak:smile:

Top Bottom