England : Kent Summer Cinque Ports Ride 6th Aug & 3rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
S'funny you should say that, because I'd seen that link before, and when we saw the pink house with 'PLUTO' writ on the lifebuoy, the thought that I kept to myself was 'Errr... I suppose it's plausible they added another floor to the bungalow.... but that's not quite how I remember it'.
But who can argue with 'PLUTO' writ on the lifebuoy?
We was duped! By an impostor.
I may have to see if i can find the real one now.

I think my days as a tour guide may have ended before they began.

That's another run out @Hill Wimp !

"Pedal to Pluto"!!

Tim Hall

S'funny you should say that, because I'd seen that link before, and when we saw the pink house with 'PLUTO' writ on the lifebuoy, the thought that I kept to myself was 'Errr... I suppose it's plausible they added another floor to the bungalow.... but that's not quite how I remember it'.
But who can argue with 'PLUTO' writ on the lifebuoy?
We was duped! By an impostor.
Not necessarily. From the website:
A few new buildings were erected , but mostly existing dwellings were adapted - a total of 27 seaside bungalows and houses on Dungeness and Greatstone.
So it could be that the house I snapped was one of the 27, without being the ones shown at Greatstone.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Here we go:
Armchair touring, at its best.
Not on the seafront at all, (I've been up and down that seafront road on Streetview more times than I care to remember) but here:
https://goo.gl/maps/1g71uTvZ52J2

Looks like it may've been sold in 2010 for ~ £225,000
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27681757.html

Aaaaaannnnnnddddd relax :smile:
That is in the vicinity of the sound walls. I cannot remember the exact route that @Stephen Piper took me away from the seafront to see them but it was certainly in that area.

Very interesting.

U

User10571

That is in the vicinity of the sound walls. I cannot remember the exact route that @Stephen Piper took me away from the seafront to see them but it was certainly in that area.

Very interesting.
That'd be about right. I think any of the roads immediately after the caravan park will take you to the sound mirrors.

Top Bottom