England : Kent Summer Cinque Ports Ride 6th Aug & 3rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Fair enough. I can't make that date. Maybe next time.

Re the 6th. Same rendezvous as the OP then, Ashford International. Is 10 am a convenient time? I do not use the trains so if there is a better meet time let me know.

Last edited:

rb58

Enigma
Possibly. I might be out on the 7th with some gym buddies now. Will confirm by Tuesday.

U

User10571

Can anyone local recommend anywhere near Ashford station, sorry, Ashford International, that is good for breakfast?
I'm partial to the spectrum that lies between eggs florentine /benedict (yeah right, in Ashford) and full english - the eatery in the international side of the station doesn't really cut it with their (mostly) unwrap-and-eat fare.

I've done a bit of cafe / Ashford googling but not come up with too many worthwhile results.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User10571

No but 10 miles along the ride is Dymchurch which is full of cafes.
Yebbut, thanks - but I don't want to hold up or disrupt the ride.
My plan (if you can call it that) is to pitch up in Ashford early (à la Goods Shed in Canterbury stylee), feed my face, and then blend seamlessly with the ride.

It's not a game-changer (I'm not a 100% certainty at this point, anyway) but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows of anywhere.
Back up plan is to score some breakfast in the vicinity of STP before boarding the HS1.
Hmmm... I foresee a nap onna train following that option....
That might work.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Yebbut, thanks - but I don't want to hold up or disrupt the ride.
My plan (if you can call it that) is to pitch up in Ashford early (à la Goods Shed in Canterbury stylee), feed my face, and then blend seamlessly with the ride.

It's not a game-changer (I'm not a 100% certainty at this point, anyway) but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows of anywhere.
Back up plan is to score some breakfast in the vicinity of STP before boarding the HS1.
Hmmm... I foresee a nap onna train following that option....
That might work.
www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1096570-d4698511-Reviews-Willesborough_Cafe_Pie_N_Mash_Shop-Willesborough

U

User10571

Pie & mash?
There's a line.
And yes, you have crossed it:tongue:
Please be advised.
I have studied, and hold current qualifications in Advanced Snobbery.
Somewhat in contradiction, and controvertially, at times, any ol' $h!t will do :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Can anyone local recommend anywhere near Ashford station, sorry, Ashford International, that is good for breakfast?
I'm partial to the spectrum that lies between eggs florentine /benedict (yeah right, in Ashford) and full english - the eatery in the international side of the station doesn't really cut it with their (mostly) unwrap-and-eat fare.

I've done a bit of cafe / Ashford googling but not come up with too many worthwhile results.

Pie & mash?
There's a line.
And yes, you have crossed it:tongue:
Please be advised.
I have studied, and hold current qualifications in Advanced Snobbery.
Somewhat in contradiction, and controvertially, at times, any ol' $h!t will do :smile:

Well as it happens I had eggs florentine for lunch today....très bon indeed.

Now if you could just furnish me with your thoughts on kedgeree (as everyone knows the single greatest breakfast known to the human race) I'd be grateful.

Top Bottom