Summer Cycling Trousers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bandini

I don't like wearing shorts, or three quarter length trousers (or tights for that matter) and have worn cords over cycle shorts for Winter/Spring.

Now it is warmer I thought about getting some padded under shorts - but what to wear on top?

I thought about golf trousers?? Or perhaps some lightweight walking trousers? Any ideas?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Rohan bags?

OP
OP
Bandini

Bandini

Cheers - the Goas look just the thing for summer, but looks like they may have discontinued. One to shortlist though.

potsy

Rambler
I got some lightweight trekking type pants the other week from M&S teflon coated,decent pockets and they zip off to turn into longish shorts for when it's a bit too warm.Only thing is the bottoms may need a cycle clip to stop them getting caught in chain,will give them a try soon.

TKMaxx.......

They do a large range of Craghopper trousers in different weights and styles at ridiculously low prices.

I use the "Bear Grylls" Survivor, as they have stretch knees, and hips which are superb for cycling

cragbgcmj203pop.jpg

Excellent value at £15, and I also have the zip-off version at the same price

Edited - also try Debenhams Craghoppers outlets which have sales at the moment

OP
OP
Bandini

Bandini

Cunobelin said:
TKMaxx.......

They do a large range of Craghopper trousers in different weights and styles at ridiculously low prices.

I use the "Bear Grylls" Survivor, as they have stretch knees, and hips which are superb for cycling

cragbgcmj203pop.jpg

Excellent value at £15, and I also have the zip-off version at the same price

Edited - also try Debenhams Craghoppers outlets which have sales at the moment

I like the price. Will have a lok in TK Max. Are they OK in hot weather?

Thanks Potsy, cycle clips are fine - well I am using two of my girlfriend's heair bobbles at the moment! Clips seem too likely to fall off.

Norm

Gerry Attrick said:
Rohan bags?
+1. Mine (I think I have 4 pairs) are all at least 15 years old and still going strong as my winter trouser of choice. :laugh: I have been wearing long-shorts (just below the knee) for the past few months, though.

HelenD123

Guru
Endura Humvees? They come with a liner and come in shorts, 3/4 and full length. Ken Ellerker have some in stock if you want to try them for size.

I cycle in a pair of Prana walking trousers which are extra comfy because they have a bit of stretch in them. Unfortunately I think they only make ladies clothes.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
My last pair of Rohan bags went rather odd in that they looked as if the bottom of the legs were wet. The colour appeared darker in the leg bottoms than the rest of the trousers. I had worn them for a year, but when I contacted customer support, they sent me a new pair totally free of charge! Brilliant company.

I remember wearing Troll Jesters when younger.

Basically Rohan bags design, but with every panel a different colour, finished off with banding on the pockets.

Absolutely unmissable!

Top Bottom