1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer's almost here folks, BST this w/e...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Maz, 27 Mar 2008.

1. Maz

Maz Guru

Don't forget to do the old clock thing this weekend, BST is well and truly upon us. Roll on summer!!

2. andygates

andygates New Member

Woohoo!

3. betty swollocks

betty swollocks large member

And while we're on this optimistic note, may I remind everyone that in just under three months the nights will start drawing in again.

4. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

And the Stevenage CTC is running the Start of Summertime rides!
    [/advert]

5. Milo

Milo Veteran

Its getting warmer I can feel it . :wacko:

6. Renard

Renard Guest

Kind of depresses me as it is around now that I realise that I am so much further behind than I would want to be at this time of year.

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

The warmer morning ride is a great feeling, long may it last..or at least until Autumn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

I'm glad to hear it. I'm so sick of this cold and wet weather. And I'm not even as far North as some of you.

9. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

About time too, it seems like the cold and dark has been here forever. Certainly one of the longest Winters of recent years thoroughly depressing.

10. davidwalton

davidwalton New Member

So, I might get to find out what it is like riding in Summer, without the wind and other lovely weather conditions associated with the first quarter of the year. Any special advise on Summer riding?

11. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Altogether now, 1-2-3...

Sumer is icumen in –
    Lhude sing! cuccu.
    Groweth sed and bloweth med
    And springth the wude nu –
    Sing! cuccu.

(One of the earliest examples of dyslexia....) :biggrin:

12. girofan

girofan New Member

:biggrin::biggrin: Yes, wear a fleece and take a waterproof with you! :biggrin:

13. davidwalton

davidwalton New Member

but I don't wear a fleece now.

14. the only downside that i can see at the moment is that on the next set of morning duties i will effectively be getting up at 0410 to go to work and have to cycle in the dark :smile:

really looking forward to the warmth of the sun on late afternoon rides after work:biggrin::biggrin:

Windy

15. Pedaldog

Pedaldog Fatter than thou!

You're Well Ard you are! I've only just stoped wearing the long Johns this last week or so!