Summers boring bring on winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Cycling in the summer is same old same old. It's like having sex in the same position for the rest of you life. All you do is get hot and bothered, avoid flies going into your mouth

Have you checked your partner is still breathing ? :laugh:

Mattonsea

Über Member
Cycling in the summer is same old same old. It's like having sex in the same position for the rest of you life. All you do is get hot and bothered, avoid flies going into your mouth while gasping for breath. Drivers pass so close because they seem to see you better and are more relaxed as opposed in the winter, pitch black, they slow down (well most do and some don't)

I miss, the wind, rain, frost, going down hill locking brakes up and skidding on ice, I miss fighting the wind while going up hill. I miss my bike lights.
Sorry Im with you , the roads are less congested with grockles , and fair weather cyclist.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Just getting up and riding ,not having to worry about layers and getting warm,glasses not steaming up ,being able to see the pot holes,yes I can see why people don't like summer,( hint of sarcasm)

surfdude

Veteran
Top tip 2: if you're getting flies in your mouth when you're having sex, get your partner to shower once in a while or you need to have a shower
you don't live on a farm do you . if you do its illegal to have sex with that and that's why you have flies getting in your mouth

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Sorry Im with you , the roads are less congested with grockles , and fair weather cyclist.
It's not the grockles that are the problem but their bloody grockle-boxes that they seem to forget that they are towing. Tractors and combines are a problem for us at the moment but I think that the local farming community are used to seeing bikes out for a jolly on our lovely quiet roads.

I still love the summer and my slalom technique is coming along really well while the harvest is on and there are gazillions of rabbits running for cover. I nearly got a stoat today. Could have been a weasel, I wasn't species spotting as I was too busy trying not to stack the bike while dodging him.

Mattonsea

Über Member
It's not the grockles that are the problem but their bloody grockle-boxes that they seem to forget that they are towing. Tractors and combines are a problem for us at the moment but I think that the local farming community are used to seeing bikes out for a jolly on our lovely quiet roads.

I still love the summer and my slalom technique is coming along really well while the harvest is on and there are gazillions of rabbits running for cover. I nearly got a stoat today. Could have been a weasel, I wasn't species spotting as I was too busy trying not to stack the bike while dodging him.
Are you sure it wasn't a Fissel?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Admin:- can we please have a 'wtf' button?

61pEAASvf8L._SL500_AA300_.png

Top Bottom