Sun 7 September - Midlands ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
It's the MacRide at Stratford-upon=Avon

Now in it's 4th year it's a great ride around quiet South Warwickshire countryside, with a bit of a challenge in the North Cotswolds on the longer distance.

We're promoting it as "audax style" ... with a bit of sportive thrown in (several of the local clubs join the ride each year as their Sunday run)

Great day - excellent refreshments, unlimited free parking at the start/finish (just off the M40) ... and most importantly a great cause. Just 8 quid to enter.

STOP PRESS : The local Stratford-upon-Avon freesheet has just popped through the door - see http://www.stratfordobserver.co.uk/news53932.html for more info.

Thanks ... and look forward to seeing loads of riders.

Rob

migmiller

Macride

Hey Rob

Heard you are trying to break records

I'm gradually pulling our crew together, all abilities, to do the various routes.

To anybody out there this is a marvellous day, really well run and dead easy to find and follow. It's for a great cause so if you are swithering just get out there and do it.

See you Sunday Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Almost there ... online entries close at 1700 on Friday ... but you can turn up and enter on the day.

Please come and enjoy a ride supporting a great cause - Macmillan Cancer Support

Rob

Young Un

i will suggest this tonight to redditch road and path cycle club and see if anyone is interested - i am but i dont really want to do it on my own so ill try and rally up some troops.

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Young Un said:
i will suggest this tonight to redditch road and path cycle club and see if anyone is interested - i am but i dont really want to do it on my own so ill try and rally up some troops.

The club I ride with is doing as the Sunday Run - they're starting at 0930 most are doing the 100k, some the 50 mile -you would be welcome to join either group I'm sure

Rob

Young Un

i did the 25 mile route today and i would like to say a very big thank you for putting on this event. i thought the organisation was superb and the offer of isotonics and water was excellant.

thank you!!!

Young Un

just one powerade lol

1 hr 45 so 15.3mph - but i did get lost so that slowed me down

and it was actual 27 including my diversions:biggrin:

caz

Well done Young Un! Shame I didn't know you were doing it, I could have come and said "hello" to you. I did the 50 mile ride - you would have enjoyed the floods and fords on the northern section of the route (up to Claverdon and Lowsonford) and there was a 1 in 6 hill at Langley too!

Excellent ride - well organised and nice freebies.

Young Un

i dindt particularly enjoy the floods lol

first one i got absolutely drenched and at the second just after the rest stop i had a clipless moment - came round the corner to the flood, and a 4x4 was stopped at the edge, i slopped but forgot to unclip but luckily only fell on to the bank not onto the road, still hurt tho cus it was onto brambles:sad:

caz

Was the first one at Aston Cantlow? That was pretty bad but so long as you went slowly through it you shouldn't have got too wet. There was a fast flowing ford at Langley that someone cycled through - it must have been a foot deep, looking at him going through.

Weren't you told about the diversion after the rest stop? Going towards Haselor and Whatcote? Didn't get wet at all that way :smile:.

Yep I'm up for doing the 100km (63 miles) next year - give me a shout, but I reckon you'll be a lot faster than me. I did the 50 mile at an average speed of 12.2mph.

Top Bottom