Sun bike frame .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard dickson

Regular
Hi . Just bought a rusty sun frame. Be lived to be from the 60s . Has a j on the btm brkt. Next to the serial number.
It looks like the forks may have been replaced at some time.
And the pump pegs are on the seat tube rather than the top tube. Lugs are quite fancy. Does all this make it a sun bike?

Hi . Just bought a rusty sun frame. Be lived to be from the 60s . Has a j on the btm brkt. Next to the serial number.
It looks like the forks may have been replaced at some time.
And the pump pegs are on the seat tube rather than the top tube. Lugs are quite fancy. Does all this make it a sun bike?
Hi,
Could you post a few pictures of it please? It would help us with identification.
Which side is the number on or does it run across the frame? How many numbers does it have?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome to the forum Richard. Your Sun sounds very interesting. A pic would be great but you might not have built up enough posts to upload a photo so try to post a link to a photo sharing site if you can.

OP
OP
Richard dickson

Richard dickson

Regular
20171021_100442.jpg View attachment 379719 20171021_100508.jpg View attachment 379719 View attachment 379719 Hi and thanks for the welcome.
Details of frame are.....
J89388 serial number. Rear dropouts are benelux on rhs with a gear hanger.
And cyclo on lhs .
Nervex stamped on rear face of bottom brkt.
Seems to have been originally black painted . Most of the blue top layer has been pushed off by rust! Head tube badge is missing so will be after one of those.
Also seat stays wrap around seat tube clamp. And pump pegs are on the seat tube. Most of the pics I have seen of sun frames they are on the top tube
I would like to send some pictures . Can't seem to fathom hope to do it. It's easy on FB. Here not so. What is Image URL?

Attachments

• 20171021_100549.jpg
    20171021_100549.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 20171021_100350.jpg
    20171021_100350.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Pictures please. The numbering conventions sounds right, but this could be a Carlton... Does the head tube/badge are have two holes one on top of each other about 2" apart?

OP
OP
Richard dickson

Richard dickson

Regular

Head badge holes are 2-1/4 " apart.
Sun badge holes are vertical I think?
Yes vertical.

OP
OP
Richard dickson

Richard dickson

Regular

Head badge holes are 2-1/4 " apart.
Hello and welcome to the forum Richard. Your Sun sounds very interesting. A pic would be great but you might not have built up enough posts to upload a photo so try to post a link to a photo sharing site if you can.
Have put some photos on the face book site

OP
OP
Richard dickson

Richard dickson

Regular
Have put some photos on the face book site
T
Hi,
Could you post a few pictures of it please? It would help us with identification.
Which side is the number on or does it run across the frame? How many numbers does it have?
Tried to post photos . It seems impossible at the moment. Not been a member of the group long enough. Seems daft to me . Never had a problem any where else.
You click on the picture library box and get asked for the image URL. What the hell is that? Some guidance would be most helpful to me and the group.

classic33

Leg End Member
Tried to post photos . It seems impossible at the moment. Not been a member of the group long enough. Seems daft to me . Never had a problem any where else.
You click on the picture library box and get asked for the image URL. What the hell is that? Some guidance would be most helpful to me and the group.
Copy & paste the address bar for the picture you want to show.

This
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/sun-bike-frame.225490/
is what the one for this page looks like.

OP
OP
Richard dickson

Richard dickson

Regular
Click on "More Options" and that will allow a picture to be added in editing a post.

As I explained it’s because you have too few posts, to protect the forum from spammers and bots I believe. Is that right @Shaun ? You posted some pics on the Facebook site. What Facebook site is that? Link?
God knows I posted them I think. Can't now find them.

Top Bottom