Sun bike frame .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
[IMG ]http://How do I put pictures on a post in edit mode? If you click on the picture symbol it should take me to my gallery. It says url?[/IMG

Head badge holes are 2-1/4 " apart.
You seem to have edited the link out. The piece in bold above was the start of a link.

OP
OP
Richard dickson

Richard dickson

Regular
Pictures please. The numbering conventions sounds right, but this could be a Carlton... Does the head tube/badge are have two holes one on top of each other about 2" apart?
Well finally worked out how to post pics. It's a bit long winded process. And a little slow. But that may be down to our line speed. It's crap ! And sorry for the repeat pics. I am learning.

OP
OP
Richard dickson

Richard dickson

Regular
View attachment 379721 View attachment 379719 View attachment 379720 View attachment 379719 View attachment 379719 Hi and thanks for the welcome.
Details of frame are.....
J89388 serial number. Rear dropouts are benelux on rhs with a gear hanger.
And cyclo on lhs .
Nervex stamped on rear face of bottom brkt.
Seems to have been originally black painted . Most of the blue top layer has been pushed off by rust! Head tube badge is missing so will be after one of those.
Also seat stays wrap around seat tube clamp. And pump pegs are on the seat tube. Most of the pics I have seen of sun frames they are on the top tube
I would like to send some pictures . Can't seem to fathom hope to do it. It's easy on FB. Here not so. What is Image URL?
The forks have been sand blasted. As will the frame when the weather improves.

It looks as though it was 2 tone metallic and black colour wise a bit along the lines of my brother's old Carlton Catalina.

I had a 1967 Sun Mist which was metallic Royal blue with light metallic blue and white hoops down the the seat tube.

The frame looks nice. I would clean up the rust with Hamerite rust removing gel but if it is easier for you to get it sand blasted.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's a piece at the bottom of the seat tube, just above the bottom bracket, in one of your pictures. What's in that area, before you start cleaning the paint off?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
J puts this around early 60s, although the whole Sun/Carlton numbering conversation is a total minefield...
As is the rest of the 'Raleigh' group

OP
OP
Richard dickson

Richard dickson

Regular
Hi. Cycle chat. Apologies for some slightly frustrated posts. I'm new here.
I have managed to post the pics of the frame and forks. Forks have already been sand blasted. I am contemplating getting them chromed allong with the head set area of the frame. The lugs are suprisingly fancy. The rest would be painted.
I think this could have been a sun snipe prestige.
Thoughts any body?

OP
OP
Richard dickson

Richard dickson

Regular
It looks as though it was 2 tone metallic and black colour wise a bit along the lines of my brother's old Carlton Catalina.

I had a 1967 Sun Mist which was metallic Royal blue with light metallic blue and white hoops down the the seat tube.

The frame looks nice. I would clean up the rust with Hamerite rust removing gel but if it is easier for you to get it sand blasted.
Have just started to blast it today. The original colour was black and badly over painted in blue. My plan is to paint it two tone and chrome forks and head tube lugs

classic33

Leg End Member
That was the blue over paint coat. Originally black.
This part/piece. Decal or sticker can be made out.
downloadfile-4-1.jpg

The older ones would be heavily embossed, so it may have been possible to read.

Top Bottom