England : London Sunday London Ride Feb 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Potter round the parks, about 35km through unknown (to me) South London, finishing at The Dulwich Clock Cafe. Easy 10km back to town. No hills, some gentle cycleways.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round.

It's February, so there may be weather. I don't do ice. Check this thread in case of cancellation - I'll leave a decision till the forecast is firm, Friday night or Saturday morning.

Expected / Possible (so you know to check before setting out in a snowstorm) :
@rb58
@GM
@Blue Hills
@Salty seadog
@jiberjaber
@topcat1
@sagefly
@lilolee
@CharlieB
@AlexB
@bobcolover

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone.

Last edited:

GM

Legendary Member
:hello:

I found the South Circular once, which locals tell me is an achievement.
I well remember many moons ago as a north londoner heading off to a party south of streatham I think - took the south circular for some reason in the car - very roundabout - arrived at the party in a very grumpy arrogant north london mood saying "where the **s !!! - I think it may have been Catford.

The south circular of course doesn't really exist - it's just a collection of road signs - always surprised that some clever sods don't reconfigure it one night in the manner of kids tinkering with Sustrans signs.

Last edited:
Spike Milligan had some choice words to say about Catford, though they didn't hold it against him - a while ago they named a local comedy festival Spikefest.

OP
OP
Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
it is the 6 nations rugby season

TVcycleSide-300x225.jpg

Top Bottom