England : London Sunday London Ride for Food: 18 November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Sorry to bail early today, but I was a bit worried I was not going to get home until after dark, so thought I'd better make a break for it. After I left you I re-traced my steps, taking a tow from a couple of huffing and puffing Rapha boys, to the pedestrian bridge, then I cut east to Hadley Wood before taking route A (the A10) to The City and back into Kent. 70 miles for me all told.

Thanks @Nick Saddlesore for organising and leading, and lovely to see so many Bromptoneers - even if you are all nutters. :-)

If the weather permits, we'll have a central London ride in the new year and pop down to try out the new Woolwich ferries, which come into service on 1 January. I'll post an update on the main Sunday London Ride thread. And there's full programme of themed rides around town (including ghost signs part two), and longer 'rides for food' (like today) planned for 2019.

Don't forget to sign up for the Fridays Christmas Ride as well.

See you soon.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
What a day, hills don't mention hills and it was a suburb ride with a brief hint of countryside

Those St Alban roads are too narrow, however for every aggressive driver there was a patient driver

The pub was great and cheap

So i decided to ride home and thanks to Nic's advice (turn left then turn right) there was no chance of getting lost then i opted for Highgate hill just for the buzz coming down the other side

58 miles for me home by 4.20

Last edited:

jiberjaber

Veteran
Great day out, Thanks Nick. Good to see a large Brompton presence. Disappointed by Swine Gate in 'spoons (the second meal in 2 days where the bacon was promised but not delivered, must be a brexit thing :biggrin: ). Quite a few testing climbs during the day both on the way to Potters Bar and on the way home but made it back before 18:00 to make just over 100 miles on fixed bookended by both the sun rising and setting.

I don't think I will be bothering challenging any of our club fixie riders for the fixed wheel audax points though... I was pretty knackered when I got home and a couple of restorative pints in the local had me asleep quite early last night!

Cracking day a-wheel!

Top Bottom