England : London Sunday London Ride Goes to the Movies - 4 March. CANCELLED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Hills were mentioned Upthread...which ones, how steep, how long?

Up through Holland Park and then on up to Notting Hill. Not far and not steep. And we’ll be taking our time.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Morning team.

I'm erring on the side of caution and cancelling this ride. There's still a lot of snow on the ground in south east London, and whilst it looks like it's beginning to melt, I'm not able to recce the route today, so I have no way of knowing if the many small back roads we plan to use tomorrow will be clear of snow. Sorry.

On the plus side, we'll hopefully be bringing forward a future themed Sunday London Ride, so you won't have to wait too long for the next one. I'll post new dates here as soon as they are firmed up.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Best to be on the safe side. I live on a main road & it's absolutely clear today, was barely less clear yesterday morning, was perfectly safe on Thursday night (when I arrived home in a recovery vehicle). Southampton, a mere 20 miles down the road, OTOH…western end of the A27 was impossible on a scoot Thursday night, and that's a trunk road that's supposed to get priority for gritting. I had to walk the bike out of the car park, took half an hour to travel less than a mile, dropped the bike once (minor dings only, thankfully) and nearly went down multiple times more. Didn't try to get over there yesterday for fear of getting stuck or worse, no way to know if it would be safe enough. Walked round to my local delivery office- no-one out on walks, managers & customer office staff only. And there were no trains (to or from work) either. It's melting fast round here now, but definitely still a time for caution!

Top Bottom