England : London Sunday London Ride Goes to the Movies - 4 March. CANCELLED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Goes to check diary..... aaand @Hill Wimp
Ok, checked. Think am due to be in Abingdon that weekend so no-go from me.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
I completed the final recce of this ride today. At around 23 miles it's one of the longer Sunday London Rides, so I expect it to take around 3 1/2 hours from leaving HPC to arrival at Fat Boys, out at Trinity Buoy Wharf. There will be a toilet stop around half way, but we wont be stopping for coffee until we get to the end. However, if things go really pear-shaped, we have the option of finishing the ride early before we leave central London. And there are two very convenient bailout points at mile 15 and 18 if people need them. Other than that, our route takes in some cobbled stretches, some comedy stairs (well three steps) a couple of hills - after all, we couldn't do a movies ride without going to Notting Hill could we - and a park. There are one or two short stretches on larger roads - but these were quite quiet today, and we'll be a earlier next week, so I don't expect this to cause any issues.

As a reminder, we assemble at Hyde Park Corner, in front of the Royal Artillery Memorial (which is to the west of the arch) at 9.30am and will leave as soon as the horse guards have passed (usually around 9.45am). We will not be leaving via the Hyde Park facilities, so you might want to swing that way before arriving at the start. The Sunday London Rides are a very informal affair - no registration or anything like that. If you’re not coming along, no need to let anyone know as we’ll leave with whoever is at the start. If you are coming, but get held up on your way to HPC and want us to wait (or meet us on the route), give me a call. And if you don’t already have my phone number, PM me.

Just as a reminder, this is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We are just a bunch of friends on a ride and my role is simply to guide you round a route. As such, you are riding under your own insurance.

Finally, the weather. I will post here on Saturday with a definite on or off. It'll only be snow or biblical rain that will cause a postponement. The longer term forecasts are looking favourable, and a little warmer.

Cheers

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Unless things improve considerably over the next 48 hours, this ride is looking doubtful. The next possible date I could make is 25 March, but that's the weekend of the first Friday Night ride to the coast of 2018, so I doubt I'll be up for it. After that it's 15 April, which is the week before the Dead Pop Stars edition. Such is the life of a gentleman of leisure ^_^.

Fingers crossed the snow melts before Sunday. And keep an eye on this thread.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m probably going to cry off looking at the weather forecast...too rainy for a wuss like me :blush:

vickster

Legendary Member
There’s light rain forecast for the whole afternoon at present

I’ve also got a niggly back so I’m not feeling the love for Cycling

Hills were mentioned Upthread...which ones, how steep, how long?

Top Bottom