England : London Sunday London Ride March 1st

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
HPC please. The speeding peloton maintains its relentless pace, especially if we are trying to catch a breakaway balance bike.
HPC is fine. Thanks. The balance bikes will be a mere dot on my horizon as I look forward.

ozboz

Guru
Coming down Queen Elizabeth Walk onto Church Rd, past The Sun and into Station Rd.
We leave HPC about 09.45, so Barnes about 10.30 but could be earlier or later. We'll stand out from the 'almost pro' Richmond Park types.
Ok , I’ll join you at The Sun , I’ll be on a bright orange Lapierre MTB, see you there ,

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm back home after thirty-two miles, re-hydrating on the yellow stuff. The wind ( and general lack of fitness) sapped my morale at the beginning but the sunshine made up for it. Thank you Nick for a great day out.

OP
OP
Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Thanks @slowmotion for staying with me. I managed to lose @lilolee in Putney as he shot past us waiting on a turn, then two others dropped out in Richmond Park. Probably for the best, as the train option back was a bus replacement, so no option but to ride home.

ozboz

Guru
I must apologise for not making it on the ride , I got tied up with a gang of City fans who were in London for the Cup game today, as I do not see to many Manchester people around and especially City fans I got on the Guinness with them and that was me ! Virtual right-off !!

lilolee

Veteran
Yeah, sorry about that. I ended cycling back to Ealing Broadway for the train home. Didn't fancy cycling home into that wind.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yeah, sorry about that. I ended cycling back to Ealing Broadway for the train home. Didn't fancy cycling home into that wind.
I was partly to blame for losing you. I got caught by a red light at the end of Putney Bridge and you very kindly waited by the side of the road for me. I turned right to join the others but you set off straight ahead.

Top Bottom