England : London Sunday London Ride: Street furniture - 9th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
A gentle tour around town to explore some of London's more interesting and unusual street furniture. With a little bit of history thrown in. Think bollards, lamp posts and the like. Social pace, everyone welcome. Quiet roads where possible, although it's not always possible to avoid traffic altogether in central London. Even on a Sunday morning.

Subject to final recce, the route is around 20 miles, and will probably finish at the cafe in Russell Square. I expect us to be there around 1.30pm, give or take.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round, but it's best if you use the facilities in Hyde Park (you'll need 20p) before you rock up to the start.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide us round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

Hands up if you're interested.

GM

Legendary Member
:hello:

lilolee

Veteran
I'm in.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
I expect we’ll also have some Bromptoneers (not of this parish). Doing the first recce tomorrow and will report back.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
First recce done, a few minor route alterations has us coming out at 18 miles and 19 stops. I hope to show you and explain some things you may well have passed by many times, but never noticed. We’ll finish at the cafe in Russell Square, probably around 1.30pm, where beer can be taken.

Top Bottom