Sunday morning aggression

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Touche said:
Lee, can I come and live on your planet? It sounds much nicer than mine.

I had a chap last week (driving an NHS van) who passed me too close. It was the same stretch of road, in fact. I caught up, we had a chat and he apologised, saying he didn't realise it was too close.

It does happen, I just don't post the videos of the nice guys. :biggrin:

JoysOfSight

gaz said:
I do that, and i needed it the other day, damn driver tried to grab me!

I *did* get grabbed once!

Some idiot scraped past between me and an island, beeping and waving at me to get in the gutter. So, I gave him a bit of the wobbly lower lip, and of course he stopped. He was oldish and fat as hell, but I foolishly got too close when I stopped alongside his window and he managed to grab my left arm.

I was so surprised I didn't know how to react, in retrospect I should have snapped his elbow over the window sill but you're always Arnie in hindsight, eh?

He made as though to get out, I slammed the door, we shouted at each other a bit, and then he drove off. The worst of it was, I had my headcam in my pocket, hadn't bothered to put it on for the five minutes back to the flat. Sod's law eh?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BentMikey said:
Sometimes it does go wrong, I have one such incident on camera but haven't put it up.

Aye, but I'm also a black belt in judo, so I have that one up my sleeve if all else fails! :evil::biggrin:

Pride comes before a fall. Back when I was a fit thing and doing martial arts one of the club started bragging to some yobs that as he was a black belt he could take them on, he couldn't.

Molecule Man

Looked like he went off pretty damn fast, I wonder if he would have tried the kid in hospital line on the police if they'd stopped him for speeding.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Touche said:
Pride comes before a fall. Back when I was a fit thing and doing martial arts one of the club started bragging to some yobs that as he was a black belt he could take them on, he couldn't.

I'm only jesting! :biggrin: I've never had to use my judo in real life. That's because contrary to how it appears in my videos I do avoid conflict if at all possible. However, it is useful to have as a last resort.

Anyway, what martial art was it you did? Not that namby pamby karate stuff was it.....?:evil::biggrin:

I've been through a few. Nothing to any high level. I was always more interested in the discipline and centre so joined whatever club was training where I lived at the time.

Started with Jodo and learned balance and how to fall.
Moved to Ishinryu Karate and learned that some styles are full of bull (this was the club with the braggart)
After a break, took up Shotokan Karate until a knee problem locked me in full stance during a kata
In a bid to regain lost fitness and try a style not devoted to power and knocking armoured horsemen off thier mounts I spent a while doing Lau Gar Kung Fu.

I have been too busy with family since moving to Scotland to look for anything alse, although my youngest daughter is doing TaeKwonDo

Jmetz

Touche said:

this is also my experience with martial arts and viewing fellow students attitudes and beliefs to the way things occur off a mat/outside a ring

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Touche said:
I've been through a few. Nothing to any high level. I was always more interested in the discipline and centre so joined whatever club was training where I lived at the time.

Started with Jodo and learned balance and how to fall.
Moved to Ishinryu Karate and learned that some styles are full of bull (this was the club with the braggart)
After a break, took up Shotokan Karate until a knee problem locked me in full stance during a kata
In a bid to regain lost fitness and try a style not devoted to power and knocking armoured horsemen off thier mounts I spent a while doing Lau Gar Kung Fu.

I have been too busy with family since moving to Scotland to look for anything alse, although my youngest daughter is doing TaeKwonDo

Ah, I've done judo since I was 8 years old, and was of the competitive ilk rather than kata. I retired last year due to knee problems (3 ops!).

I've seen judo in action, on the street, and it is very powerful. But one thing that was always drummed into me was that it was to be used only as a last resort, and never in attack.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Jmetz said:
this is also my experience with martial arts and viewing fellow students attitudes and beliefs to the way things occur off a mat/outside a ring

I never understand bragging about doing a martial art. By doing so you have lost the biggest advantage, surprise. That and you more likely to get a kickin'!

Top Bottom