England : Hertfordshire Sunday Morning Cupcake ride 3 February

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheers! So when's the next one . . . .:whistle: :tongue:

stevevw

Guru
I posted on here at 5:30am to tell you about the ice but looks like cocked up with the post. I hit the road on my nice new bike. Got up dusted myself down and hit the main roads north for 120km then took the lanes home which had cleared by then but oh my that head/cross wind was a killer. Just under 150 miles and 200km in under 10 hours well pleased with that in this weather on my own. Still worried about LEL though.
Hope to ride with you on the next one.

rb58

Enigma
Lovely day. Thanks all.

Riding up this morning in the dark I experienced quite extensive ice on the back lanes - I tell you it's more entertaining in the dark!

The train back to London was super-speedy, so I was at Kings Cross at 2pm and was able to do a few circuits of Clerkenwell before heading home.

And I confirm, bread pudding is definitely better warm!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
17 people for a Feb ride. That's cracking that is. Almost as cracking as the Ice we had to cycle through.
It's always nice to meet new (CycleChat) faces, even better on a ride, and even better over a cup of tea served in what looked like my great grandmothers finest bone china that she always kept on display on top of a shelf. (and woe betide if we where to ever touch it.)
I haven't seen the Doc since the legendary 2009 Essex Feb ride so was nice to catch up with him again.
You think today was cold? Pah!! Not even close to that ride. :whistle:
Even though the ride was short it was well worth the effort to get there. I can imagine a longer ride during the warmer months would be most excellent. So please organise Doc and I will be there.
As LongMartin said earlier, we had a very quick ride back into that London town place, all downhill, all with a tailwind and all with moronic bus drivers being, well moronic.:rolleyes:

I wanted to crack February's 100 miler and I did that by getting hopelessly lost in Barnes and Mortlake looking for Richmond Park. I have only been to Richmond Park about, ooh a thousand times. Big Twit :wacko:. Oh well never did find it but was close looking at the map. So mooched off home through Barnes, Morthlake, Barnes oh and Mortlake again, Wimbledon, Morden, Mitcham, Croydon and home. I do get to see some of the best parts of London on me bike. ^_^
Walked through the door at 5.40pm. 101 miles on the clock. Cheers Doc and Cheers everyone.

ps Stan.
FNRttC. You will be fine on a FNR. Don't delay, sign up today.

EDIT: The breakfast at the cafe stop was one of the very best I have had in many a year.

stev.jpg

jayonabike