Sunscreen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
See a dermatologist, this is what I've been diagnosed with. On antibiotics to clear it, although I'm to.d it'll come back. Reducing alcohol and spicy food meant to help

I don't do caps, chav or otherwise, so won't be going that route :smile:
Have done. Metrodrozinale* did bugger all... then an optometrist prescribed Doxycycline* a couple of years ago. It worked wonders, but could only stay on it for a few months. I don't mind the blotchy flushed skin so much, but when my eyes start dripping uncontrollably, I'll go back and get some more.

I knocked the booze on the head for a few months years ago... didn't make much difference. Life without spicy food doesn't interest me... but I guess it's likely to be multiple allergies and i could spend the rest of my life trying and failing to suss out what they are.

*no idea how to spell them

Last edited:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I do not even look like I have it. Just another random "Opinion" (I have stopped calling them Diagnosis now....)

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m taking my 3rd course of lymecycline, 8 weeks. I have perioral dermatitis too which has partially cleared with the last course. I understand it won’t clear it for good but be good if it reduces it

Review in 2 months, probably by GP unless Bupa do a u-turn

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
It’s not irritation per se, more that it doesn’t drip into and thus sting my eyes if I sweat, ie on bike in summer :smile:

My brother is going to get me the stuff I linked upthread from John Lewis (Discount)

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I plan to use sun cream on every ride (April - Sept) as I am very concerned at the time I spent out on my bike and the skin damage.

davidphilips

Veteran
Best things in life can be free, you could go to your GP and ask for a prescription , good luck.

Attachments

• 100_8593[1].JPG
    100_8593[1].JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Best things in life can be free, you could go to your GP and ask for a prescription , good luck.
It won't be free, it'll be £8.60 :smile: Possibly more if I ask the (private) dermatologist

How is that stuff when it gets into the eyes? Or does it stay put when sweating?

davidphilips

Veteran
Can not say what its like if it gets into eyes but have only had a issue with some of the cheap sun creams i tried and they where terrible for running into my eyes and stung, but when my GP started giving me prescriptions no problem, the sun cream issued is a bit thin but seems to work great and i tend to use it even if only going out for an hour plus i tend to use a pulled up neck warmer most days to cover my ears unless really warm.

One of my friends is having part of his ear removed tomorrow because of a lump (melanoma) Hes hoping to be out cycling on Sunday, Hes said to me a lot this last few weeks to make sure to use sun cream on both arms and legs if not wearing long tops/bottoms even if the sun does not seem strong, i have a lot of white scars and patches from old accidents and have to take care with them.

Sorry you have been diagnosed with a skin condition, but take care and best wishes and hope every thing clears up and does not return

Only other thing is make sure to use good sun glasses as cyclists tend to be exposed to sun damage.

Top Bottom