Super cold, or the not COVID nasty cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Anyone else had this, started on Friday evening with it and I’m still not right now, it’s ruined a week off work and I’m still getting easily breathless doing the slightest thing, and feel really fatigued, at it’s height my sinuses were blocked to the point it felt my head might explode, I’m really fed up

midlife

Guru
Hope it all gets better soon, I guess you have tested for covid

Reactions: DRM
I've had some form of super cold [1] for over 3 weeks now but luckily for me it is more annoying rather than debilitating, pretty much no symptoms other than raspy voice, bit of a cough and catarrh (week each). I've failed several Covid tests so I know it isn't Covid.

[1] I don't normally get any colds, or at worst it's a day or two of runny nose and done.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I had a cold start of month which lasted a little under two weeks. All COVID tests came back negative including PCR. I don’t get breathless doing slightest thing. But I have noticed on my bike that the points where my breathing rates increase are at lower heart rates than pre cold. Feels like I’m about 80% of pre cold if I look at average HR and average pace. Something not right. Just have to not overdo it and see where things lead.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A lot of stuff about. Been running a temperature and feeling groggy since Saturday, but mainly worked from home just in case. Not covid. But made sure I was well before working with colleagues again in real life. Cycled into the office today. Set some PR's so must be OK.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Colds are so unpredictable, some come and go after 2 or three days, dont effect you so much, some linger for days wnd days , leaving you utterly miserable.
Is it the virus itself, a particular mutation, or is it your personal state of wellbeing at that particular time ?
Ive known myself feel fine, start out on a bike ride and suddenly and quite quickly realise....im not well, the tank quickly empties, and you turn round and go home. I was on the cusp of something, it just hadnt hit me when i set out.

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Hope it all gets better soon, I guess you have tested for covid
Thanks, yes tested twice negative.
Colds are so unpredictable, some come and go after 2 or three days, dont effect you so much, some linger for days wnd days , leaving you utterly miserable.
Is it the virus itself, a particular mutation, or is it your personal state of wellbeing at that particular time ?
Ive known myself feel fine, start out on a bike ride and suddenly and quite quickly realise....im not well, the tank quickly empties, and you turn round and go home. I was on the cusp of something, it just hadnt hit me when i set out.
No I felt it building up last Thursday night/Friday morning then Saturday onwards felt absolutely ghastly, the shopping was delivered on Saturday AM and after getting it out of the trays I had to sit down for 20 minutes as I was totally wiped out, then think about putting it away, it’s not a flu, but by god it’s knocked the stuffing out of me, even concentrating on things is really difficult and still feel a bit woolly headed, and easily breathless, things are getting better though thankfully.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I imagine lots of us haven't been exposed to the usual common cold viruses for 18 months and our defences against them have dropped.

Hope you feel better soon.

albal

Guru
As drm said, it appeared Thursday night, had a funeral Friday. Stayed home all weekend, rough. Work Monday, yesterday had to go home at lunchtime. Bailed. I,m self employed, hence carrying on. I need to rest.
Rode home in storm barra. That was tough. It's hit me for six.

vickster

Legendary Member
As drm said, it appeared Thursday night, had a funeral Friday. Stayed home all weekend, rough. Work Monday, yesterday had to go home at lunchtime. Bailed. I,m self employed, hence carrying on. I need to rest.
Rode home in storm barra. That was tough. It's hit me for six.
Assume you've done an LFT to rule out Covid?
GWS

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Mine started last week (Tuesday); I was ok for a couple of days, then Thursday night I couldn't sleep for coughing. I then had uncontrollable shivers, fever and raging headache. Had to take Friday off work. Did a PCR test and it was negative. Feeling ok now but it's a tough one to shift

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We're all rough here. Son's been on anti-biotics for a really bad cough/temperature, MrsF coughing, me sniffling and a bit rough after jab, and daughter has now started hacking. LFT's all negative. We've cancelled meeting with my family at the markets on Friday.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My sister has had it twice and my niece once. Covid tests taken multiple times and all negative.

I spoke to my sister on the phone one of those times and she sounded awful. She told me that she had been much, much worse, and was actually by then about 75% recovered! :eek:

Top Bottom