Super cold, or the not COVID nasty cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My daughter was consistently getting negative results from LFTs so she did a PCR test because she was sceptical about her own cough and fatigue, plus the fact that her daughter has it and is isolating at home. It came back positive. It's left me pretty unconfident about LFT tests and increasingly sceptical about PCR results, even though a PCR detected it...this time.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Been rough since Sunday. not Covid but something i could do without at the moment.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine started last week (Tuesday); I was ok for a couple of days, then Thursday night I couldn't sleep for coughing. I then had uncontrollable shivers, fever and raging headache. Had to take Friday off work. Did a PCR test and it was negative. Feeling ok now but it's a tough one to shift
Sounds more like flu if not Covid. I know a couple of people who've had it

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you read the post I quoted? He never mentioned sitting on a computer.
3 weeks is pretty unusual unless you're very frail? And/or immunocompromised? Every virus impacts individuals differently, especially if an opportunistic infection gets involved.
The common cold doesn't usually give the extreme symptoms described

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Did you read the post I quoted? He never mentioned sitting on a computer.
3 weeks is pretty unusual unless you're very frail? And/or immunocompromised? Every virus impacts individuals differently, especially if an opportunistic infection gets involved.
The common cold doesn't usually give the extreme symptoms described
He has been on the computer all week. Frail is something i am not. It was proper flu.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
you do not sit on a computer with flu, It's a cold. i have had Flu i was in bed for three weeks. people often get confused between a cold and flu.
I couldn't get out of bed at all, I managed to get to the toilet but that was about it. I don't think it was Flu becasue I was only that bad for one day. But definetly the worst bit of flu-like cold I've ever had!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Only a matter of time before it got me . Chesty cough , runny nose . Blocked sinuses. Sudafed has cleared the sinus a bit , however chest is rough. Hope to get a good night sleep tonight was bad last night. LFT have all been negative , will take another tonight .

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've had the super cold, lasted nine days, some days completely wiped out, LFTs every day, two PCRs, all negative. Although I'm recovered now I still have some coughing as my body tries to clear phlegm.

My wife has it now. LFTs and PCR negative. She's been in bed for three days. We haven't slept in the same room for 13 nights!!

Top Bottom