Superbowl LI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Have we many NFL fans on here?

Tonight's the big night for the Atlanta Falcons v the New England Patriots at the NRG Stadium in Houston and I'm staying up to watch it on BBC. Anyone else, and who will you be rooting for?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Go Falcons!

RWright

Guru
I will be watching. I am a Panther fan but I wouldn't mind seeing the Falcons win their first. I don't dislike the Patriots even with all the ball inflation hoopla that went on last season. Seeing Brady win another one after being suspended would not bother me either. I think the game has been changing too drastically under commissioner Goodell's regime and seeing Brady and the Pats win would make me smile. To me the Pats are the most well coached team in the NFL by a pretty good margin. I will not even get into all the cheating cries from other teams fans. No one for me to really love or hate in this one. I hope it is a good game.

steverob

Guru
As per most years, I have booked tomorrow off work so I can stay up and watch the Superbowl tonight. Not really sure who I'd be rooting for - have nothing massively pro or anti either side, but will probably lean towards the Patriots, mainly cause Brady and Blount were such workhorses for my fantasy NFL team this year (another semi-final playoff loss unfortunately).

However there is a possibility that I might not make it past halftime. I haven't got a great deal of sleep the past few nights, which is probably going to catch up with me tonight, plus while I don't have to go to work as mentioned, I have promised to help out with a friend's YouTube video filming on Monday morning, which is going to mean getting up only about an hour later than I usually would, and I think showing up bleary eyed on camera might not be a good look!

Iceland!!!!

Sorry that was the World Cup

More seriously the point is that numerous teams have played a part in the campaign that got the NFL to this point in their Calender

Your team may not be there, but sit back and join the spectacle

Me ... I have just spent 24 hours travelling back from Longyearbyen so as I am working tomorrow, will be setting up the recorder

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It's the Falcons for me. The Patriots have had plenty of wins and this is only the second Superbowl appearance for the Falcons. I don't have a favourite team as such, I just enjoy watching a good game no matter who's playing.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Haven't missed one since UK coverage started..
As much as I detest the Falcons I hope they triumph,
I just can't abide the Patriots (or the Red Suxs)
Go Pack.:okay:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
When did American football become a big thing on the Beeb? They seem to be plugging it big time. I don't know anyone who has any interest in it.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
When did American football become a big thing on the Beeb? They seem to be plugging it big time. I don't know anyone who has any interest in it.
Since it became the best sports programme I'd say. Irrespective of whether one's an NFL lover or not, it's an easy programme to like with the presenter lineup they have.

Falcons ftw btw

Top Bottom