Superbowl LI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm stunned at how the Patriots turned that game around. How could the Falcons blow such a massive lead?? Why the heck didn't they go for the field goal in the 3rd Q?
I really thought they had it in the bag but Brady's team just came alive with the most amazing push back. Highly entertaining, even though my team lost.

A few decisions and plays seemed strange, also the Falcons just seemed to stop doing what they had been doing well, without any improvement by the Patriots - there was nothing, apart from the score ticking over, which indicated they were exerting pressure or doing anything differently to what hadn't worked in the first half. Perhaps the Falcons were just tired? White seemed to be able to find space that hadn't been there as did Amendola; the Falcons defence just seemed to vanish.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Perhaps the Falcons were just tired?

I'd go along with that, their defense worked so hard for so long.

They looked to have an unassailable lead so I was gutted, both for me and the team, when they were beaten. I think the infamous sporting description of that sensation ought to now be known as 'being sick as a Falcon'.

I'd go along with that, their defense worked so hard for so long.

They looked to have an unassailable lead so I was gutted, both for me and the team, when they were beaten. I think the infamous sporting description of that sensation ought to now be known as 'being sick as a Falcon'.
In years to come I wouldn't be too surprised to read of "the night we threw the Superbowl" accounts from Falcons players...

:evil:

RWright

Guru
I watched the fourth quarter on a recording. Amazing catch by Edelman and questionable decisions by the Falcons coaches helped the Pats get another ring. I do feel a bit of sympathy for the Falcons even though they are one of my team's division rivals but I think their head coach will be ok. I wish he wasn't in Atlanta but somewhere far away from the NFC south.

SWSteve

Guru
Great game! Although, you have to wonder what would have happened if Brady had played the full season. The narrative with the ban and the Goddell handing over the Lombardi was great to watch - even if I hate the patriots.

SWSteve

Guru
I watched the fourth quarter on a recording. Amazing catch by Edelman and questionable decisions by the Falcons coaches helped the Pats get another ring. I do feel a bit of sympathy for the Falcons even though they are one of my team's division rivals but I think their head coach will be ok. I wish he wasn't in Atlanta but somewhere far away from the NFC south.

Three amazing catches in the game, that one by incrEdelman, and the two by Julio on the sideline

Top Bottom