Superglue cadence magnet to carbon crank?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Would there be any problem with using Superglue to attach my cadence magnet to my carbon crank?

Would it effect the laquer / carbon at all?

The adhesive on the magnet is rubbish and it just falls off.

bianco

I wouldn't for no other reason then I wouldn't

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Ductape.
I would use an elastic band with the magnet ductaped to the elastic band which goes round your crank.
Or an inner tube.

Blue

Legendary Member
Spend a fortune on carbon then start sticking rubber bands and duct tape to the bike - nice!!

Why not e-mail the manufacturers for the definitive answer to the original question.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Blue said:
Why not e-mail the manufacturers for the definitive answer to the original question.

I would but try as I might I cannot find a contact email address, or web form, for Mavic. There's nothing on the Mavic web site, and the UK distributor doesn't have an email address on their site either.

I might try creating some kind of pouch that I can attach with plastic ties. :biggrin:

andygates said:
Superglue.
... :angry: :smile:

bonj2

Blue said:
Spend a fortune on carbon then start sticking rubber bands and duct tape to the bike - nice!!

you don't buy carbon 'cos it looks nice, you buy it 'cos it's light. Get a (black) laggy band on it. Or just don't bother with cadence

bianco

bonj said:
you don't buy carbon 'cos it looks nice, you buy it 'cos it's light. Get a (black) laggy band on it. Or just don't bother with cadence

Spot on, get better at estimating your cadence and that means there's also less to go wrong.

If you're carbon frame was to fail I know most manufacturers include some sort of fail safe guarentee. They might refuse replacement.

Have you considered a shimano flight deck? They sort out your cadence without any magnets. You do need to know your cassette sprocket sizes though.

Top Bottom