1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superglue cadence magnet to carbon crank?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Shaun, 21 Mar 2008.

1. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

Would there be any problem with using Superglue to attach my cadence magnet to my carbon crank?

Would it effect the laquer / carbon at all?

The adhesive on the magnet is rubbish and it just falls off.

2. bianco

bianco New Member

I wouldn't for no other reason then I wouldn't

3. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

It'll knacker your lacquer! especially if you get it in the wrong place.

4. Its a perfectly acceptable procedure, get it stuck on.

5. Shaun

Any suggestions as to what I could use?

6. andygates

andygates New Member

Superglue.

7. simonali

simonali Über Member

3M Command Strips.

8. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Ductape.
    I would use an elastic band with the magnet ductaped to the elastic band which goes round your crank.
    Or an inner tube.

9. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

Spend a fortune on carbon then start sticking rubber bands and duct tape to the bike - nice!!

Why not e-mail the manufacturers for the definitive answer to the original question.

10. Shaun

I would but try as I might I cannot find a contact email address, or web form, for Mavic. There's nothing on the Mavic web site, and the UK distributor doesn't have an email address on their site either.

I might try creating some kind of pouch that I can attach with plastic ties. :biggrin:

... :angry: :smile:

11. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

you don't buy carbon 'cos it looks nice, you buy it 'cos it's light. Get a (black) laggy band on it. Or just don't bother with cadence

12. bianco

bianco New Member

Spot on, get better at estimating your cadence and that means there's also less to go wrong.

If you're carbon frame was to fail I know most manufacturers include some sort of fail safe guarentee. They might refuse replacement.

Have you considered a shimano flight deck? They sort out your cadence without any magnets. You do need to know your cassette sprocket sizes though.

13. Stick. It. On. With. Super. Glue.

14. shooter560

shooter560 New Member

Why not put the magnet on the inside surface of the pedal, no glue, no mess and never lost a magnet either :tongue:

15. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

OK if you're only a fairweather cyclist:smile:

Perhaps it depends on the actual brand, but I suggest you read the spec. carefully as some superglues are not waterproof.:tongue: