supermarket delivery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I use Tescos occasionally...never any real probs, apart from the odd item substituted as said above). I live in a fairly quiet area, so there's no danger of them having their van set on fire by ne'erdowells.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
domtyler said:
That is technically theft. :biggrin:

rubbish, i told them about the vouchers (why else would i have rung up to complain?) and was told that for the inconvenience they would refund me the value of the vouchers and that i was free to use them for another transaction.

i'd call it good customer service myself.

domtyler

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
rubbish, i told them about the vouchers (why else would i have rung up to complain?) and was told that for the inconvenience they would refund me the value of the vouchers and that i was free to use them for another transaction.

i'd call it good customer service myself.

In the light of this new evidence I have no other course open to me than to withdraw my earlier accusation. :biggrin:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Rhythm Thief said:
I used to drive the delivery vans for Sainsbury's and I hated it.

... Sorry, that doesn't really answer your question Arbitrary.:biggrin:

No worries, in fact I reckon that a happy driver = happy apples and I've put an order in to Tesco

Just remember Arbitrary, when the driver turns up, treat him as follows:
1) Tell him to wait in his cab for an hour.
2) After an hour, tell him you'll unload him.
3) Take his van keys off him and lock him in your garage. On no account allow him access to tea or coffee. Access to a toilet is allowed, but make sure it hasn't been cleaned recently, there's no toilet roll and the hot water supply is turned off.
4) Unload his van. Take your time, anywhere up to three hours will be fine.
5) Tell him his van is unloaded. You can give him his keys back now, but he'll need to wait around for another hour or so for you to do his paperwork.
6) Let him go.
On no account be polite to the driver - barked commands, rather than "please" or "thank you", are the order of the day. If the driver is any more than five minutes late, refuse to unload him, send all the shopping back and refuse to pay for it. If any items are not as they should be, do likewise. If he's early, send him away and make him come back on time.
If you do all these things, you'll be treating the Tesco driver exactly as Tesco treat those of us who deliver stuff to them. Bastards.:biggrin:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Asda? Maybe?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
When you do the first on-line "shop" you will probably think that you could have gone to the shop yourself and done it in half the time. :biggrin: Most on-line shops will save a "favourites" list for you, according to what you have bought previously. My point is that after about two or three goes, you will find it getting easier and easier. I can now do my month's shopping in about an hour, allowing for making a drink, feeding the cat, etc, etc, and avoid all those crowds, twits, knee-highs (children) etc that make the real supermarkets such a blankety blank blanking nightmare. Then its delivered at a convenient time. :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom