Superstition ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Set off for a ride this morning on my Faggin, got a couple of k up the road and the seat stem slid down into the tube giving me a hard time staying upright. Back home, tightened stem, set off again. This time the left hand crank came loose, back home, broke the dust cap getting at the retaining bolt which was almost completely unscrewed ! l've had a real good look over the bike and can't spot any more potential trouble but what if TROUBLES COME IN THREES:sad:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Any excuse to post one of the best guitar riffs ever! :music:

arch684

Veteran
Set off for a ride this morning on my Faggin, got a couple of k up the road and the seat stem slid down into the tube giving me a hard time staying upright. Back home, tightened stem, set off again. This time the left hand crank came loose, back home, broke the dust cap getting at the retaining bolt which was almost completely unscrewed ! l've had a real good look over the bike and can't spot any more potential trouble but what if TROUBLES COME IN THREES:sad:
Maybe the first one was missing the loose bolts,maybe not

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My cranks used to work themselves loose quite often. I purchased a long length allen key so i could do them up barsteward tight... but they still occasionally worked loose. So i put the long 8mm allen key in my saddle bag so i'd always have the tool for the job with me. They haven't come loose since.

I always carry a PUNCTURE kit in my saddle bag, plus a few patches taped under the saddle just in case i forget the bag. I don't get PUNCTURES very often, but the last time happened to be the one time i didn't have the allen key to release my wheels (i had everything else, just not the key). I managed to mend it without removing the wheel but it was a right parp. The PUNCTURE before that i had the pump, the patches, the tools, everything.. but this:
357266?$pm_large$.jpg

So yes, something only seems to go wrong when i don't have the means to fix it easily.

I go everywhere with my lucky allen key, my lucky tools and lucky puncture kit

I thought someone was going to post a Cliff Richard video !!!

fekin hope not :evil::boxing::cursing:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
My cranks used to work themselves loose quite often. I purchased a long length allen key so i could do them up barsteward tight... but they still occasionally worked loose. So i put the long 8mm allen key in my saddle bag so i'd always have the tool for the job with me. They haven't come loose since.

I always carry a PUNCTURE kit in my saddle bag, plus a few patches taped under the saddle just in case i forget the bag. I don't get PUNCTURES very often, but the last time happened to be the one time i didn't have the allen key to release my wheels (i had everything else, just not the key). I managed to mend it without removing the wheel but it was a right parp. The PUNCTURE before that i had the pump, the patches, the tools, everything.. but this:
View attachment 367672
So yes, something only seems to go wrong when i don't have the means to fix it easily.

I go everywhere with my lucky allen key, my lucky tools and lucky puncture kit
Sods law in full swing l guess. I am going to give it one more go this afternoon theres a light breeze, its 23c and l've just had a bar of fruit and nut, what can possibly spoil my day :evil:

Top Bottom