Supplements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gtsiwak

Regular
Hi
I was wondering if you guys use any supplements ?
In the gym ( doing weights ) , I use BCAA and Ceratine also protein shakes . Quicker muscle recovery , more power and of course bigger muscles . Since I started commuting to work three times a week on my bicycle ( just to help with my cardio training ) I was wondering I I should use the supplements as well .
They won't help with cardio but maybe abs and legs .So here's simple question - do you use supplements?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
And a simple answer - no :smile:

BigAl68

Über Member
Here is the first supplement of the day
DSC_1201.JPG

OP
OP
gtsiwak

gtsiwak

Regular
Sorry. Just hope I didn't offend you guys with this question.
I know a loot people think of supplements as steroids (my wife is a good example ). In the gym ( actually on the free waight section ) . They are normal thing . I understand that cycling is not about muscle building so you don't really need them .

I'm also a big reefing fan - just saying...... :laugh:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
D-ribose tablets for muscle recovery. Often found in the more expensive recovery products on the market. No idea if they actually make any difference - suspect not. :tongue:

Used to take ceratine but given up. Don't need more muscle bulk for cycling, and there are some side effects that were a little worrying.:sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
I doubt muscle bulk is an advantage for road cycling? Look at the pros

Ditch the gym, ride your bike more instead

Citius

As people have said, weight training supplements will be wasted on what is essentially an aerobic activity. Your legs simply aren't under enough stress to make them worthwhile.

Top Bottom