Support cars - why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Taking radios out of cycling is like putting a football manager in the back fo the stand during matches.

Managers need to communicate with the riders, I agree, I don't like them, the riders don't like them, but without them trying out certain tactics would just not work.

Team cars need to be able to replace flat tyres, you make a rider change his own tyre on the side of the road, he may as well call it a day, unless the whole team work try and work to reduce a 15 minutes deficite, and how do you change a tub at the side of the road?

bianchiboy

I really couldn't put up with someone pestering me in my ear all day, half the point of these races is to use your skill and judgement, being told to the nearest tenth where everyone is one the road takes out the fun of it, plus makes it harder for break away riders too.

domtyler

Über Member
bianchiboy said:
I really couldn't put up with someone pestering me in my ear all day, half the point of these races is to use your skill and judgement, being told to the nearest tenth where everyone is one the road takes out the fun of it, plus makes it harder for break away riders too.

I think you'll find that they are out to win at [almost] any cost rather than have a nice friendly jaunt out into the country! :biggrin: If radios give an advantage then they will use them.

walker

bianchiboy said:

Not sure I agree, A break away will come regardless of radios, Who breaks when is decided before the race has started, not during. Your not going to tell rider 'A' to make a break if he is feeling knackered, that has to be figured out before you get to the start line.

Top Bottom