We shop at a local health food shop for stuff like seeds, leaf tea, jam, honey, peanut butter, eggs, etc etc etc. They stock loose and sell by weight. You take your own bottles, jars and bags etc and you refill them there. I don't suppose for a moment that anything they stock is actually grown/made by them, nor necessarily even 'local', but that's not the point of me posting.
We noticed yesterday, after weeks of shopping there, that they prefer payment by cash. They have a sign up saying how much card fees cost them, we'd not noticed. We'd always paid by card (contactless) since we thought, well, we didn't really think in truth. It's just what you do, way of the world etc. I was in a bakers in Winchester a few years back and they didn't take cash at all, too much hassle for them - I digress. Our local store has not said a dickie bird to us about it. We'll switch to cash as it makes no difference to us by seemingly it does to them - and I want them to stay open.