Supra2 Cantilever on Caliper brakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DickP

Regular
Good evening all,

I purchased two pairs of Koolstop Supra 2 brake pads to replace the wearing pads on my bike. Without realising they're not the Salmon ones, but black. I understand that whilst these will not offer the same wet weather performance, they should be fine right?

Also, they are longer than the existing brake pads on the bike. Possibly for Cantilever brakes? But I am struggling to find any clear indication online whether they are cantilever specific or if they're just longer brake pads which can be used on caliper brakes fine?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Good evening all,

I purchased two pairs of Koolstop Supra 2 brake pads to replace the wearing pads on my bike. Without realising they're not the Salmon ones, but black. I understand that whilst these will not offer the same wet weather performance, they should be fine right?

Also, they are longer than the existing brake pads on the bike. Possibly for Cantilever brakes? But I am struggling to find any clear indication online whether they are cantilever specific or if they're just longer brake pads which can be used on caliper brakes fine?
If they fit correctly they'll be fine.

Tim Hall

From the images I found, they do indeed look like canti/v brake pads. You'll have to bin the existing carriers and bolt the supras directly to the calliper arm. They may be too long and foul tge forks or seatstays.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good evening all,

As long as when they are open you can get your wheels off ok then they are fine.

I replaced the road cartridges on my TRP Mini V's with 72mm. Can't have too much braking surface imo.

Top Bottom