Surely it's obvious I'm a cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
HLaB said:
Back to Auntie H's OP. That reminds me of Pedal For Scotland last year. After doing the ride last year; Mag's walked up to the bar in his CC kilt with the Pedal For Scotland number and the bar man asked him what he'd been doing that day.

A CC kilt! That'd be novel!

Wobbly John

Veteran
On a long ride a couple of years ago, I stopped at a petrol station and plonked a pack of biscuits, some flapjacks & a coconut ice on the counter.

Assistant asked: "Any fuel?"

My reply of "Only this lot" was lost on her. :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Auntie H is braver than me - I don't do any shops or stuff in my kit.....FFS - I'd slip off the steps in road shoes........without some backup..or a gaggle of stupidly clothed fools...

Cubist

Still wavin'
Auntie H, if I may be so bold, the word you are looking for is "physique".

And trust me, everyone looks grrrreat in Lycra.

I hope:blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I really hate being asked "Do you want any help packing?" when I've got my rucksack or pannier open ready, and two items. But I know it's not the assistant's fault really, like people say, they'll have had it drummed into them.

That said, there are a couple of staff at my Sainsburys who are middle aged people and seem to have the nouse to interact in a non-formulaic way. Mind you, one of them is a chap with such a theatrically low and booming voice that I avoid his till if I can, in case I laugh when he says "Have you got a reward card?" in a voice not disimmilar to Brian Blessed....

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Cubist said:
Auntie H, if I may be so bold, the word you are looking for is "physique".
That's it! The word exactly! Thank you, I shall write it down in my notebook so that I can roll it out appropriately on the next required occasion.

And trust me, everyone looks grrrreat in Lycra. I hope:blush:
I think often of something Catrike said on here a while ago, "The more you wear lycra, the better you think you look in it."

Top Bottom