Surly LHT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Before I start this, I would just like to say that I do realise that it is Best to go to a LBS to get measured up for a bike. Jannie and I have several bikes and so we do have a good idea of what will fit.

There are no Surly dealers in Denmark, where we live.

Now having said that.

I am looking for somewhere that sells Surly LHT online who will be able to tailor the bike how we want it. It will be a surprise Christmas present for my girlfriend, Jannie.

I have been looking on the internet and I am struggling to find the price or specs of a standard LHT, if thre is such a thing. Buying one in a box seems a bit frowned upon, but when needs must.

The supplier can be anywhere in Europe, not just the UK.

I appreciate your help

Keith Oates

Janner

Last edited:
OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Thanks Keith, that will help. But I am still looking for a shop that deals with them so I can fine tune what I want with a person.

I am going through the Surly dealer list websites, but nothing has jumped out and streamed "Surly" at me just yet. It seems the Surly dealers sell Surly as sideline.

Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Cycleops, the problem is finding someone who deals in Surly somewhere near Denmark. Shipping bikes to Denmark can end up being an expensive affair.

The bike and parts are not a problem, I know what I want. But actually finding someone who knows about Surly is. I have looked through some of the websites on the Surly dealer lists and Surly do not even appear on their websites. Probably my LBS could put one together but I prefer someone who has actually experience of Surly bikes.

I am getting close to being sorted out.

Steve

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Surely a Surly frame is no different from other frames when it comes to building it into a bike?

I've built up two bike from radically different frames, a Trevor Jarvis Flying Gate and a Dave Yates Randonneur and I didn't need any different assembly techniques when building them.

Venod

Eh up
Did you see the link I put in another post if not its here.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wildbunch/profile.html

If you look under profile, John has a pic of his custom built LHT, there is a link to contact him about website queries, but I am sure he will answer any questions you have about the LHT, I think he is currently touring in India, so an answer may take a while depends on phone coverage.

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Before I start this, I would just like to say that I do realise that it is Best to go to a LBS to get measured up for a bike. Jannie and I have several bikes and so we do have a good idea of what will fit.

There are no Surly dealers in Denmark, where we live.

Now having said that.

I am looking for somewhere that sells Surly LHT online who will be able to tailor the bike how we want it. It will be a surprise Christmas present for my girlfriend, Jannie.

I have been looking on the internet and I am struggling to find the price or specs of a standard LHT, if thre is such a thing. Buying one in a box seems a bit frowned upon, but when needs must.

The supplier can be anywhere in Europe, not just the UK.

I appreciate your help

Easy option is the buy the frame and source other part your self and take to your LBS and they will put it together.

I did that with mine and used parts from a few older bike as as well.

Sparkyman

Soltydog

Legendary Member
You may have left it a little late to order one for Christmas :thumbsup:
About 3 years ago I ordered one through the C2W scheme. It was ordered in June, with an estimated delivery of sometime in July. I sold my Tricross to make way for the new arrival, but then delivery got put back to end of August. Not to worry I could wait, then mid August got a call to say delivery was now expected in December. No other similar speced tourer for under a grand, so I said I'd wait. Then in September another call to say delivery was put back to January & was there anything else I'd like. Mentioned the Ridgeback Panorama, but that was £200 more, & shortly after they let me have the Ridgeback for £1000, so I never got my LHT.
I wonder if I'd waited if it would be here yet :laugh:
Maybe if you can find a supplier with one in stock, or at least the right size frame you shouldnt have a problem?

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Soltydog, i never said which Christmas. I see you area Hornseaite. I am a Withernseaite but escaped to Denmark.

Steve

Top Bottom