Surprised no takers for this...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEyles

Guru
The frame looks very much like an old Raleigh Sports Roadster one that someone has converted - slack seat/head tube angles and lots of rake on the fork, and identical lug work, seat cluster, and (rather distinctive) fork crown, which makes me near positive I've got the ID right.

I love mine for pootling around slowly in a nice upright posture, but I definitely wouldn't want to try and use it as a racer, the geometry and handling are not at all well suited. It does look really nice I have to admit, but unfortunately I'd say it also looks rather like something it isn't, being set up as a track bike but having pretty much the polar opposite ride quality!

Still, having said that I'm sure the buyer will get a lot of fun out of it :smile:

ChrisEyles

Guru
I wouldn't say it was *that* bad, I quite like my old Raleigh Sports, and I can imagine a fixed gear drop barred version would still be a fun bike to own.

It's definitely not the track bike it's been made to look like though, and I wouldn't buy it if that's what I was after!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Why in the world would anyone invest so much time & effort into what's clearly a mediocre frame? £225? Might get half that...from a twit.

I much prefer the looks of this, which went recently for £60. Compare the forks, for starters...

Top Bottom