Survey of attitudes to Glasgow City Council's Space for People measures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dwn

Thanks for the prompt - have now completed. Itā€™s been interesting / disheartening to see the attitude of many on Facebook; some people appear to blame all of their woes on cycle lanes (which are still pretty rare in the city).

Dwn

Iā€™m assuming those lanes have been as well received as the ones installed in Edinburgh? :dry:
Out of curiosity, I joined a group on FB ā€˜Spaces4vehicles - Edinburghā€™. The sheer rage against cyclists was astonishing, with the same old ā€˜road taxā€™ argument getting a frequent airing. Amusingly, some of the contributors appear to think the Council are mere pawns of an all powerful cycling lobby.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Out of curiosity, I joined a group on FB ā€˜Spaces4vehicles - Edinburghā€™. The sheer rage against cyclists was astonishing, with the same old ā€˜road taxā€™ argument getting a frequent airing. Amusingly, some of the contributors appear to think the Council are mere pawns of an all powerful cycling lobby.

There have been some poorly thought out and/or executed ideas with regards to spaces for people within the capital. The overwhelming majority of it is quite good, and I hope it stays. It does concern me that the council may be influenced by the typical postings on the FB page.

Top Bottom