survival aids shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I can do better than remember it:

image.jpeg

Sorry about the stained cover. You really DON'T want to know what the unfortunate stain is! Let's just say it is one way to remember a beloved deceased cat! Luckily, the inside is better:

image.jpeg

I was well into this stuff what with hiking, camping and adventure canoeing I did back then. A bit of cycle touring as well of course. I really liked the military section:

image.jpeg

Quite expensive though. Surplus shops got way more of my limited teenage money! One more:

image.jpeg

I once bumped into someone a couple of years ago in a supermarket in Telford. Huge red beard and piercing eyes. I said I felt sure I had seen him before and he said, yes probably on TV.

It was of course Mark o' Shea who endorsed products such as the Petzl head torches in Survival Aids. He was well impressed that I remembered!

OP
OP
B

bygone era

Über Member
I can do better than remember it:

View attachment 460070

Sorry about the stained cover. You really DON'T want to know what the unfortunate stain is! Let's just say it is one way to remember a beloved deceased cat! Luckily, the inside is better:

View attachment 460071

I was well into this stuff what with hiking, camping and adventure canoeing I did back then. A bit of cycle touring as well of course. I really liked the military section:

View attachment 460072

Quite expensive though. Surplus shops got way more of my limited teenage money! One more:

View attachment 460073

I once bumped into someone a couple of years ago in a supermarket in Telford. Huge red beard and piercing eyes. I said I felt sure I had seen him before and he said, yes probably on TV.

It was of course Mark o' Shea who endorsed products such as the Petzl head torches in Survival Aids. He was well impressed that I remembered!
is that the guy who is into reptiles in a big way mainly snakes

Used to have a store by Euston Station.
ah, vaguely remember - on the edge of the concourse bit?

Have been meaning for a while to start a thread for folk's recomendations for genuine army surplus stores for they used to be everywhere when I was a kid.

And Euston was of course not a million miles from the wondrous palace of oddities that was Lawrence Corner - passed many a browsing hour there - bought a few things including a couple of camoflauge nets - passed on the offer of a second hand parachute.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I definitely have to get myself half a dozen camo bungees.

You already do, you just can't find them.

screenman

Legendary Member
Is this the same company as Cadet Direct, if so I have an account with them and they give me great service.

Slioch

Guru
I think they also had a store near Covent Garden in that there London many years ago.
I vaguely remember buying my first "proper" sleeping bag from them. The brand was Buffalo, and it had a pertex outer and fibre pile lining. It was fairly warm, but it didn't compress down very much, weighed a ton, and took up half the space in my rucksack.

Top Bottom