sushi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Flying_Monkey said:
Tokyo is the best place in the world for food IMHO and it is great to be back for a while.

Unless you're vegetarian (I'm not, I hasten to add). This was true in 2001 at least, when countless restaurant staff didn't even understand the concept.

I thought you were some kind of vegan or other fussy eater? :smile:

bonj2

Abitrary - that fancy japanese beef you were on about comes from special Wellgo cows which are massaged and pampered all day long and kept in a special field. That's why it's so expensive. There's a shop in london or somewhere posh that sells sandwiches of it , £70 each. World's most expensive sandwich or something, was in the paper a while back.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

bonj said:
Abitrary - that fancy japanese beef you were on about comes from special Wellgo cows which are massaged and pampered all day long and kept in a special field. That's why it's so expensive. There's a shop in london or somewhere posh that sells sandwiches of it , £70 each. World's most expensive sandwich or something, was in the paper a while back.

I don't want the whole sandwich or the packaging... I just want a couple of slices that I can scoff, and then brag to people about.

Why is this stuff not in the Jamie Oliver section in Sainsburys? If I want it, surely other people do as well.

Are you listening Lord Sainsbury?

NickM

Veteran
Supermarket sushi is inoffensive, but that's about as much as can be said for it.

Whereas here in SE10 we have an excellent new Japanese restaurant about 3 minutes' walk from home. Their sushi and sashimi is the best I have had - better even than in San Francisco (I haven't visited Japan). They seem to be trying extra hard, so as to establish a clientele. It's working on us - we've been five times already :tongue:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

NickM said:
Supermarket sushi is inoffensive, but that's about as much as can be said for it.

Whereas here in SE10 we have an excellent new Japanese restaurant about 3 minutes' walk from home. Their sushi and sashimi is the best I have had - better even than in San Francisco (I haven't visited Japan). They seem to be trying extra hard, so as to establish a clientele. It's working on us - we've been five times already :biggrin:

How much did it cost to sate a single person's hunger in this wonderful new place?

redshift

Über Member
Abitrary said:
Why is this stuff not in the Jamie Oliver section in Sainsburys? If I want it, surely other people do as well.

Are you listening Lord Sainsbury?

You might have identified your problem here - have you tried finding a proper butcher's shop, run by a proper butcher? I hear Mr Briss' sausages are a treat... :biggrin:

NickM

Veteran
Abitrary said:
How much did it cost to sate a single person's hunger in this wonderful new place?
About £25 a head, and we drink tea rather than alcohol. We consider that reasonable for excellent quality in London. Japanese restaurants aren't really about blow-outs, though - we don't come out barely able to waddle home.

Top Bottom