Suspicious telephone number +95 748396

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
There is scant info on t'web about this number except some folk think its sales/PPI/insurance scammers one bloke on the book of face that thinks one gets billed £1:25 for answering it.

I have blocked it now on the Phone of I.

I dunno, keep 'em peeled folks.

U

User6179

10689530_671402866306679_4428567191600078902_n.jpg
If you receive a call to your mobile from: +95 748396 then do not answer call. You'll be charged £1.25p if you accept the call. It's a new scam and the calling country is Burma. It's sweeping the nation right this minute

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't answer any number that I don't recognise. I have had 2 such calls already today and will probably get at least 5 or 6 more. So much for the benefits of the TPS, eh ...!

My friends and family know to unwithhold their numbers, or call my mobile instead.

The only time I break the rule is when I am expecting a call which might come from someone from an unknown number, for example my consultant. I usually give them my mobile number these days.

byegad

Legendary Member
My BT portable phone blocks unknown, withheld and international numbers and the voice-mail has a message saying don't leave a message as we do not monitor it. The message stack is full of pre-recorded messages. Anyone who knows me calls my mobile or sends their number as the calls list of the portable records all incoming calls including blocked ones. So checking that tells me if I need to call someone back.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
How can you be charged £1.25 for receiving a call ?

Quite !

Don't phone em back though !

How can you be charged £1.25 for receiving a call ?
You can't.

But there was a lovely scam a few years ago where you'd get a really short ring from an 07 number. Lots of people return missed calls (which I find odd), and this wasn't a mobile number, but a personal number that charged per minute.

Seems to have stopped. I assume because complaints stopped the perpetrators actually getting any money.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I don't answer any number that I don't recognise. I have had 2 such calls already today and will probably get at least 5 or 6 more. So much for the benefits of the TPS, eh ...!

My friends and family know to unwithhold their numbers, or call my mobile instead.

The only time I break the rule is when I am expecting a call which might come from someone from an unknown number, for example my consultant. I usually give them my mobile number these days.

Sadly, TPS will only work if the call is from within the UK.

Top Bottom