Suspicious telephone number +95 748396

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sadly, TPS will only work if the call is from within the UK.
It doesn't even work with calls from within the UK!

They can't phone you and say "We have fantastic special offers on double glazing ..." - that's a 'sales call'.

They can phone you and say "We are a company with an advertising campaign for our fantastic special offers on double glazing - have you seen our advertisements?" - that's 'market research'! :cursing:

I don't answer any number that I don't recognise. I have had 2 such calls already today and will probably get at least 5 or 6 more. So much for the benefits of the TPS, eh ...!

My friends and family know to unwithhold their numbers, or call my mobile instead.

The only time I break the rule is when I am expecting a call which might come from someone from an unknown number, for example my consultant. I usually give them my mobile number these days.
I've just ignored one on my mobile as well... Then my parents landline rang.. Then it ran again and finally I got a text message asking me to pick up the bleeding phone... It was my parents trying to get hold of me but ringing from a landline in tenerife!

I'm wondering if I should stop being so suspicious! :laugh:

ColinJ

I've just ignored one on my mobile as well... Then my parents landline rang.. Then it ran again and finally I got a text message asking me to pick up the bleeding phone... It was my parents trying to get hold of me but ringing from a landline in tenerife!

I'm quite happy to answer the landline if they text me first to tell me to! :thumbsup:

Seriously though ... all of my friends and family know that I am plagued by calls and I have told them how to get hold of me.

My number is almost identical to several organisations in Hebden Bridge and one big national company. Even forgetting junk calls, I get loads of misdialled calls most days. On the rare occasions that I answer persistent unknown calls, they always turn out to be junk/misdials.

One daft old chap rang my number and started ranting. I told him that he had the wrong number and put the phone down. He rang again. I told him again. He kept on doing it, so quickly that it was obvious that he was using redial. He refused to believe that he was dialling the wrong number, insisting that I was lying to him! It was ALMOST funny ... :wacko:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.

And you're sticking to that story, are you?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Everyone who needs or might want to phone me* has my mobile number... if the landline rings, I know it either a) for Mrs Fnaar, b) a wrong number c) some marketing cold call... so I tend not to answer it :smile:

If I get a marketing/cold call on my moby, I add them to the contact I've named "ignore", so I know next time.

*Miss Goodbody communicates with me telepathically, and through the power of her pheromones.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Every time I get a call from one of those PPI folk, if it comes with a number shown then I add it to a person on my phone, I used not bother answering those calls if it came up Spam, then one of my kids told me I could block the person I'd called Spam in my directory, so now I never know how many of times those who have been added to Spam phone me. There are still enough left to plague me anyway!

D

Deleted member 26715

FYI I have just called the number for you, as stated it is a Myanmar number which if called currently just rings out so no harm done, however if they answered your mobile operator might charge you an arm & leg. However if the calls arrives without the + then your operator should reject any attempt to call it.

Alan...

I'm quite happy to answer the landline if they text me first to tell me to! :thumbsup:

Seriously though ... all of my friends and family know that I am plagued by calls and I have told them how to get hold of me.

My number is almost identical to several organisations in Hebden Bridge and one big national company. Even forgetting junk calls, I get loads of misdialled calls most days. On the rare occasions that I answer persistent unknown calls, they always turn out to be junk/misdials.

One daft old chap rang my number and started ranting. I told him that he had the wrong number and put the phone down. He rang again. I told him again. He kept on doing it, so quickly that it was obvious that he was using redial. He refused to believe that he was dialling the wrong number, insisting that I was lying to him! It was ALMOST funny ... :wacko:

And you're sticking to that story, are you?

I don't mind answer my parents' landline, it is just that they are away and my thoughts are that is it better for people to leave a message than me have to explain to someone I don't know that they are not around and won't be for a while yet... (and that one is one I am sticking to :laugh: )

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
A brilliant phone for blocking unwanted calls.
We have one and it's brilliant.Any sales calls go through a pre approval system and TBH we haven't had one sales call get through.It also blocks withheld and overseas numbers,but this can be changed in the settings if you so wish.As with calls from mobiles and pay phones.
Of course you need caller ID but it's a small price to pay for peace and quiet.

ColinJ

Ok, I have been out on my bike for less than 2 hours and in that time I have had a Number Withheld call, a Number Unavailable call, a call from 01302357*** which lots of people are complaining about online (solar panel sales), and a call from 08458620*** (also solar panel sales, probably the same people) who also get lots of complaints and several people said that they got abuse when they told the call centre person to stop ringing them!

Fine them £100 for each call and they would soon stop!

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'm working from home today, and in the last 2 hours I've had calls from "Alan", "Steve" and "Mary" - all trying to sport out a PPI claim.

Now colour me suspicious, but
A) I don't have any PPI
B) my name is not "Mr Johnson Paul".
C) Just how common are these names in the sub-continent.... although I suppose it's possible as my mate Harsharan has a broad Yorkshire accent, but is as Indian as they come......

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Ok, I have been out on my bike for less than 2 hours and in that time I have had a Number Withheld call, a Number Unavailable call, a call from 01302357*** which lots of people are complaining about online (solar panel sales), and a call from 08458620*** (also solar panel sales, probably the same people) who also get lots of complaints and several people said that they got abuse when they told the call centre person to stop ringing them!

Fine them £100 for each call and they would soon stop!

They should remove the caller withheld function all together then you would always have a number to block and then just have a range of anti-spam settings you can apply to your account just by going to your phone providers website, such as stopping all international calls etc.

But of course they wont do that because we all know the very same providers are making more money from the spammers than they are from us.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mr. Number is a handy free ap that feeds of PPI calls :thumbsup:
Land line? Unplug it!
I tell the family abroad to send me an email if they want called.

Top Bottom