Suspicious telephone number +95 748396

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
You people in the UK - you are aware this is not normal behaviour, aren't you?

A short hop across the North Sea here in Norway this sort of thing is a rare occurrence. I find it a bit annoying when i phone family and friends in the UK and they don't pick up because 'they get a lot of those calls'.

You're all mad - no two ways about it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You people in the UK - you are aware this is not normal behaviour, aren't you?

A short hop across the North Sea here in Norway this sort of thing is a rare occurrence. I find it a bit annoying when i phone family and friends in the UK and they don't pick up because 'they get a lot of those calls'.

You're all mad - no two ways about it.
Hang on, there is a lot of 'blame the victim' going on there!

I estimate that more than 95% of the calls that I get are junk. It has got to the point where it is incredibly annoying to even go to the phone to see who is calling. I can be covered in oil and grease working on a bike out in the yard, and the phone rings. Stop what I am doing and walk through to the phone ... Number Withheld. Start walking back to the bike but the phone rings again before I get there. Turn round, back to the phone, Number Unavailable. Finish working on the bike and decide to have a bath. I get in and the phone rings ... squelch across to the phone and see an obviously fake number 01234567890 (whatever).

It has got to the point where I often don't even notice that the phone is ringing.

I even had some moron call me twice at 02:00, presumably someone from a foreign call centre who had got their time zones wrong!

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Ok, I have been out on my bike for less than 2 hours and in that time I have had a Number Withheld call, a Number Unavailable call, a call from 01302357*** which lots of people are complaining about online (solar panel sales), and a call from 08458620*** (also solar panel sales, probably the same people) who also get lots of complaints and several people said that they got abuse when they told the call centre person to stop ringing them!

Fine them £100 for each call and they would soon stop!

There was a story a year ago of a bloke who, like yourself, was so hacked off at getting these cold calls, he changed his number to an premium rate 09** number so everytime these people called him, it costed them about a pound a minute. He made a bit of cash, and they soon stopped calling him.

Genius. :becool:

I used to get quite a lot of these calls when I first moved to Hong Kong but when I asked them if they spoke English (my Canotonese is basic at the moment), they hang up and never call back. Volume of calls has been reduced dramatically.

Last edited:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I wish I could but I get work related ones, so have to. I once was a bit off hand to someone that I thought was a sales call and then realised it was a work one:blush:
Oops :smile:
I am terrible for answering my phone, although that's because I have no signal most of the time in work so most daytime calls go straight to Voicemail. But I do only give my number to family and extremely close friends so at least I know that if it does ring then its usually someone Ill speak to :smile:
Anything withheld or a strange number just gets ignored :biggrin:

classic33

Leg End Member
They should remove the caller withheld function all together then you would always have a number to block and then just have a range of anti-spam settings you can apply to your account just by going to your phone providers website, such as stopping all international calls etc.

But of course they wont do that because we all know the very same providers are making more money from the spammers than they are from us.
There's a withhold number function that can't be removed from the mobile networks, without an increase in cost.
Newer handsets will block your number being forwarded onto the number being called, networks still get your number though.
The older inbuilt one doesn't give that information to the networks.

Top Bottom