Sustainable / eco-friendly cycle clothing, is there such a thing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I looked into bamboo, it was no better than cotton. (eco and performance-wise). It makes better frames though!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I couldn't give a monkeys about the environmental credentials of stuff that I buy, but saying that I run everything into the ground and I never chuck stuff away that has any useful life it it. With clothing, once it gets too tatty for "best" it gets relegated to just messing around in, then when I eventually manage to wear it full of holes or it's frayed, then finally it gets cut up and used for rags, so even if the base material isn't "eco-friendly" the fact that I keep stuff a long time and totally wear it out before replacing it probably means it is actually eco-friendly after all.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
The problem I have with some brands brandishing eco friendly label it is anything but.
In a way similar to eco friendly electric cars with rare elements dug out in "less" eco friendly manner, but that would be offtopic...

On a topic, I bought this cheerful VHS era jersey for 1€
16020135406732021861909090436457.jpg

Second lease of life, eco friendly, now I need a bike with suicide levers though:laugh:

Last edited:
I am waiting for Carradice to make clothing out of cotton duck. Which is natural waterproof. My present Carradice super c rear panniers are now 24 years old. Still go strong. I am not sure they would make great jackets though!!

Top Bottom