Swallowing flies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
It has to be the worst and most repulsive thing to occur when your cycling. :biggrin:

Especially when you can still feel them wriggling in your wind pipe. :smile:

On two separate occasions yesterday on the Saturday bash I swallowed one, disgusting.

And every time it happens, it leaves me trying to throw up, normally made worst by taking a drink to swell the buggers down. :smile:

Mark_Robson

I always worry that the fly may be carrying some horrendous disease or it will infect me with worms. Horrible things :biggrin:

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Mark_Robson said:
I always worry that the fly may be carrying some horrendous disease or it will infect me with worms. Horrible things :smile:

ohhhh....the thought of where all those little tiny feet could have been......:biggrin:

Mark_Robson said:
I always worry that the fly may be carrying some horrendous disease or it will infect me with worms. Horrible things :biggrin:

Equally, of course, as your body will now have digested said fly, this means you are 0.00001% fly. Have you noticed any propensity to circle around sugar bowls at all?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ah yes, that gritty feeling when chewing, with all the midges up here, I know it well.

I ate a Cricket once, but it was most certainly dead, so I didn't feel it hopping about inside me! :sad:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Mark_Robson said:
OMG It's true,:sad: and I keep bangng into the window when I try to get out .

I came across a fly doing that the other day, so I opened the window for it and it must have frightened it because it then flew away from the window to an unknown location somewhere else in the building.

Daft craeter!

Debian

It is completely horrid isn't it. There are times, I find, when it's a choice between opening the mouth to gasp for air whilst struggling up a hill, then swallowing a fly and gagging, or trying just to breath through the nose and then getting short of breath and gagging!

It also reminds me, I've been meaning to post and ask if anyone wears any sort of mask to prevent this happening?

I've tried the decorating ones but they're too restrictive on the breathing, some sort of a mesh mask would be ideal.

Is there anything? Does anyone use such a thing?

Norm

Debian said:
It also reminds me, I've been meaning to post and ask if anyone wears any sort of mask to prevent this happening?

I've tried the decorating ones but they're too restrictive on the breathing, some sort of a mesh mask would be ideal.

Is there anything? Does anyone use such a thing?

Norm said:

:laugh:

aJohnson

It's the reason I constantly try to breath through my nose and keep my mouth shut. After a downhill last week I had so many green flies on my top, I would have hated the possibility of swallowing them.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
aJohnson said:
It's the reason I constantly try to breath through my nose and keep my mouth shut. After a downhill last week I had so many green flies on my top, I would have hated the possibility of swallowing them.

To be honest, I think thats what we all try and do that don't we.

But there is always one little bugger just sat "somewhere", just waiting to pop in when you least expect it. :laugh:

Top Bottom