Sweaty 'ed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
fossyant said:
My lid's well vented, so actually helps keep my head cooler than without one

Not wishing to start a helmet argument how does that work then ?

biking_fox

Guru
Cycle faster!

The idea is to generate enough breeze to keep the sweat away, at least before it reaches the eyes...

Does form a bit of problem at red lights though.

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Main problem area for my commute is a looooooong hill. Keeping any speed was the main problem at the start of last year. The additional problem to that is: more speed = more effort = more sweating

MERV

I wear a headband with my cycle helmet of which I bought from Evans.

This is my helmet...(ooer)

3603_1.JPG

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
domtyler said:
Just ditch the ferkin helmets ffs!! Unless you're a newbie or a numpty why do you need one? How often are you guys falling off?

Saved my bonce a number of times in the last two years (once would have been a nasty gash if not for the helmet, the others would have been a number of big egg-shaped lumps - or worse - on the side on the head after the 5-offs-on-black-ice.)

My helmet's my pal and it's there just in case. I've no problem if you want to go without though, Dom. Cyclist's-head-au-natural does have its appeal sometimes when I'm sweltering !

dodgy

Holy thread resurrection batman!

I bought a buff yesterday, been cycling for many years and had just resigned myself to 'sweaty 'ed' syndrome. Anyway, the buff seems to be the answer, remarkably, as the sweat travels up the buff away from the forehead (presumably by osmosis) it has a cooling effect on the head (it does with me anyway).

I wear mine in the 'pirate' style as depicted on the piece of cardboard you get with the buff :ohmy:

Top bit of kit!

Dave.

dodgy

Wolf04 said:
Capillary action

You're one of those people who butt in an overheard conversation in a pub with a nasal "I think you'll find...", aren't you? ;)

Just joking, thanks for putting me right, it's important.

Dave.

upandover

Guru
Hi,

I bought a pirate style synthetic cap from decathlon yesterday, very thin, and it works excellent at taking all the sweat from my head. It means whan I takeit off, it's a little wet, but my head is mostly dry.

It also has a drop-sown bit at the back which has saved me from a very burnt neck!

Very cool - I'd highly recommend it.

Cheers
Steve

Top Bottom