Sweet Spots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedRider

Pulling through
My bike had the yips and riding it was a shanked shot.

It was 20 days since a reckless saddle height/fore/aft experiment messed with the golden triangle of seat/foot/hand and I found the square root of the hypotenuse equaled bad back bother. Every ride I made positional tweaks measured in millimetres, raising and lowering, forward and back but to no avail. My sit bones were sore and my soul sounded sick as a de-tuned drum.

So this morning, one more round with a set of allen keys and off I set. It felt right straight away but I didn't believe it so I pressed on. Down in the drops was delicious and I carried on, my back feeling good and my backside back onside.

We visited some sweet spots around town today, my bike and I, celebrating the return of the prodigal position. Please excuse the purple flowering prose, I'm grinning and happy enough to tap out alliterative arse all night but I'll stop now.

Cheers!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Now get the Loctite out and fix every nut, bolt, allen bolt etc. so you don't accidently shank it again :whistle:.

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
Now get the Loctite out and fix every nut, bolt, allen bolt etc. so you don't accidently shank it again :whistle:.
Must get some Loctite. :thumbsup: It's probably not the done thing but I've made little scratched reference points on the seat post to mark saddle angle and height.
It's remarkable how sensitive the body is to fine changes and how easy to discombobulate. Great when it's sorted.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
I agrree. Every bike and rider has what you describe as 'the sweet spot' & If anything upsets that marriage of man and machine its soon very noticable. I use a permanent marker rather than paint, but yeah, well done in persisting with the twiddeling and fiddeling. NOW LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS! Hahahahah I find thats very true with the gear adjustment too. 1/2 a turn here, 2mm there and its ruined, likewise, with enough fettling , everythings perfic ! Its either 'silent running and smooth changing' across all ranges, or it isnt !

Top Bottom