Swimming pool, Willen lake, Milton Keynes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommy2

Über Member
I'm staying in Milton Keynes tomorrow night on a work training course, I was going to go for a run round Willen lake (if that's possible) but figured it will be dark (not that much of a problem but not ideal as I don't know the area) but I haven't been swimming much recently so would like a recommendation on a decent 25+metre pool nearby that doesn't need a membership.

I swam at on in a big health club/ cinema complex last time but I've not stayed at Willen lake before, I assume the lake is runnable.

Cheers

Drago

Legendary Member
Middleton Pool in Newport Pagnell. 5 minute drive from Willen, and easy parking.

http://www.newport-pagnell.org.uk/Newport-Pagnell-Town-Council/Middleton_Pool_1542.aspx

The lake is quite a pleasant run. About 5k to loop around both the water sport side and the wildlife reserve side.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Woughton and Stantonbury Campuses used to be the more serious council pools. I don't know if another's been built closer (ETA or what's outside the city like Drago's suggestion). Stantonbury Campus is in Stantonbury (off the H3 between V7&8) and Woughton is in.... wait for it.... Coffee Hall (off the H7 between V6&7) :laugh:

toffee

Guru
The Bletchley one is great. If you're not robbed of your wallet you can score some goofballs!
My wife once had her purse stolen from a locker at the old Leisure Centre. What was really annoying was I had just given her £100 which was half of a bonus I had just received.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

OP
OP
Tommy2

Tommy2

Über Member
Looks like stantonbury only has lane swimming in the mornings, Woughton might be an option at 20:30 rather than 21:00 at Bletchley.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It might still be half term in MK at the mo, so watch out for altered opening and access hours.
I don’t do running, but the track around Willen Lake is quite a good surface for riding on.

stalagmike

Enormous member
I moved here in 2010 so was lucky enough to catch Wolverton when it was still open air. Shame they couldn't keep it that way. The new pool is nice but a bit soulless.

Top Bottom