TA Chainrings - What’s this spacer for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I fitted 2 new TA chainrings today, with the 48t chainring there was a small bag with 2 spacers and a hex screw, you can see I fitted the longer one on the large chainring behind the crank arm, could you tell me what the smaller spacer is for?

Last edited:
Isn't that to stop the chain dropping into the gap? Narrow one for different crank arms?

Ajax Bay

Guru
It would be a neat design tweak if they offer two more locations on the ring where the little bolt could be fitted (screwed in) so that after (say) 10,000km, the ring could be rotated 72/144 degrees and even out the wear a bit.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It would be a neat design tweak if they offer two more locations on the ring where the little bolt could be fitted (screwed in) so that after (say) 10,000km, the ring could be rotated 72/144 degrees and even out the wear a bit.
I was thinking that a couple of days ago when swapping rings on my singlespeed bike, and noticing uneven wear on the ring that I took off!

C R

Guru
It is probably an easy DIY fettle to drill and tap a hole in the right position, provided the mounting points allow for rotation, I seem to remember seeing some rings that looked like they could only be mounted in one position due to asymmetric spider arm location.

Top Bottom