Tabata protocol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
lukesdad said:
Sorry. Maybe Im thick but I can t see the benefits. Certainly not in the weight loss dept. Unless its a boost to raise the effort for the rst of the session is it a time thing?

The only thing I do I can compare with is interval sprints on the road. Which are 20 secs. but I sure as hell need more than 10 secs to recover.

Maybe not but if we're only talking 15 minutes a week here, it can't hurt to try.

PK99

Legendary Member
MacB said:
Maybe not but if we're only talking 15 minutes a week here, it can't hurt to try.

Oh, it hurts!

PK99

Legendary Member
"On paper, the Tabata Protocol offers a quick way to get fit in just four minutes of high-intensity work per session. But don't be misled: This regimen is grueling. It was originally developed for Olympic-caliber athletes, and Dr. Tabata reported that they were wiped out by the routine. It's worth mentioning that when testing the protocol--described as 6-7 sets--most of the subjects were exhausted after the sixth set of sprints and couldn't complete the seventh. So this style of training isn't for a beginner and should only be considered by someone who has a solid fitness base."

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
PK99 said:
"On paper, the Tabata Protocol offers a quick way to get fit in just four minutes of high-intensity work per session. But don't be misled: This regimen is grueling. It was originally developed for Olympic-caliber athletes, and Dr. Tabata reported that they were wiped out by the routine. It's worth mentioning that when testing the protocol--described as 6-7 sets--most of the subjects were exhausted after the sixth set of sprints and couldn't complete the seventh. So this style of training isn't for a beginner and should only be considered by someone who has a solid fitness base."

not hard to modulate it, treat the full protocol as an upper limit and work within that.

Top Bottom