Tacx Antares Professional Training Rollers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

aka0019 said:
Thanks for that, a fan is essential! The amount of sweat that came off me was horrible!

Assuming you are wearing a T shirt then you'll find that most of the sweat drips from the forehead. Since I've taken to wearing a (sweat) headband then virtually no sweat drips on the bike or floor. I also use a fan but not on the oscillating mode as half the time the air blows away from you.

AlanW

Guru
Young Un said:
Well, to loose weight you want to be aiming for staying in 60-65% of your max heart rate,

Just to add to this -

50% - 60% is the most important zone of all, otherwise known as the healthy heart zone. This provides benefits like lowered blood pressure and cholesterol, a decrease in body fat and an increase in muscle mass.

60% - 70% great zone for burning even more calories, but is not recommended for beginners.

70% - 80% it you want it all then this is the place to be, fitness, slimming and performance. But NOT recommended until you have done some base building first.

But the key to all of this is knowing your max heart rate, and don't be tempted to use 220 - your age, its a totally rubbish calculation, as everyone is different.

OP
OP
mcb2080

mcb2080

AlanW said:
Just to add to this -

50% - 60% is the most important zone of all, otherwise known as the healthy heart zone. This provides benefits like lowered blood pressure and cholesterol, a decrease in body fat and an increase in muscle mass.

60% - 70% great zone for burning even more calories, but is not recommended for beginners.

70% - 80% it you want it all then this is the place to be, fitness, slimming and performance. But NOT recommended until you have done some base building first.

But the key to all of this is knowing your max heart rate, and don't be tempted to use 220 - your age, its a totally rubbish calculation, as everyone is different.

Hi AlanW, thanks for the very well explained post, I wasn't sure about training heart zones but you have cleared it up:cheers:

aka0019, I have found a training plan http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1671 It seems not too bad, I am going to start it today.

Bill Gates

AlanW said:
Just to add to this -

50-60% does bugger all for fitness........and on a turbo/rollers?

60-70% not recommended for beginners. Are you having a laugh?

70-80% Blimey. That's where all my base work is done!!

< 65% = IMO this is for recovery, anything else then don't bother for training purposes.

But hey each to their own.;)

Chrisc

Guru
Just ordered a set of these rollers, it's just too depressing with all this damn snow. :biggrin: Let's see a.) if I can stay on. b.) if it cheers me up c.) if it gets me fitter!

Chrisc

Guru
Came today, Thanks Wiggle!
Set up and running in about ten mins. Leaned against the wall for a bit then got the nerve to balance properly. Dead easy!
Completely soaked after fifteen minutes in a garage with an air temp of -2...

OP
OP
mcb2080

mcb2080

I have just done 1 hour and 20 minutes on mine there, it does get a bit boring but I am just thinking about the weight that I am shifting, and defo get a mat under it if you use them indoors because the sweat....loads of it everywhere LOL.

On a side note, I have read about how you have to make sure that your bike is completely level on the rollers or that you could hurt your back, now to make sure your bike is level from wheel axle to wheel axle would require either the back or the front of the roller to be raised I would imagine, so should there be adjustable feet?

Also, emotion rollers, has anyone tried them or own them? They look the business for getting out of the saddle as well as allowing forward motion, I enquired about these but was quoted $942 delivered but I take it there would be customs tax on this as they would be coming from the USA, just too much sadly.

Top Bottom