Tacx Antares rollers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Thinking of buying some rollers for extra training at home, have been looking at the tacx Antares rollers, any thoughts on these if you've got a set or any recommendations on others at the same price level?

buddha

Veteran
I've had some for about 6 months.

Build quality is okay and they are not as noisy as I expected (with a bit of carpet underneath). One gripe is that the locking mechanism tends to slip a little on occasion, though only by a few mm, so not really noticeable in use.

As for training - mine only got serious use when it was snowing/icy/couldn't-be-bothered-going-out. With a maximum of 1 hour at a time. Nowadays I use them to warm up a little before going out.

Being conical, the rollers are pretty easy for beginners (like me). It only took half an hour before I was okay on them. The downside is that eventually they've become a little too easy and are approaching the same level of boredom as a turbo trainer;)

On the whole, for a first set of rollers, I'd buy them again. Mine were £94 from ribble in one of their sales.

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Can't you buy an addon which gives magnetic resistance like on a turbo trainer? I think I saw one on wiggle but they were about 70 pounds.

Top Bottom