Tacx Blue Matic T2650

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montroseloon

Been looking into buying a turbo trainer for keeping on top of my cycling in the winter and murky days. Spotted the Tacx and it seems to tick the right boxes, not zwift compatible but I'm not really to bothered about that. Was just wondering if anybody has any experience of this model and is it a good buy

Been looking into buying a turbo trainer for keeping on top of my cycling in the winter and murky days. Spotted the Tacx and it seems to tick the right boxes, not zwift compatible but I'm not really to bothered about that. Was just wondering if anybody has any experience of this model and is it a good buy

Is this the one that £99 in halfords ?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It's good for the money, nice and smooth and fairly easy to set up. I've only used it a couple of times on rainy nights but my wife uses it plenty as she's training for an event and won't go out in the dark.
As you say, it's not truly "smart" but there's a cadence and rev sensor that you fit (just like a bike computer sensor) which will transmit to your phone or tablet via the TACX app and that's pretty useful in itself. I don't think you can do better for 99 spondoolies

OP
OP
montroseloon

montroseloon

It's good for the money, nice and smooth and fairly easy to set up. I've only used it a couple of times on rainy nights but my wife uses it plenty as she's training for an event and won't go out in the dark.
As you say, it's not truly "smart" but there's a cadence and rev sensor that you fit (just like a bike computer sensor) which will transmit to your phone or tablet via the TACX app and that's pretty useful in itself. I don't think you can do better for 99 spondoolies
Thanks for that advice, ordered one there so hopefully get the use of it until Spring arrives

Top Bottom