tacx satori smart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pe1ter

ive just bought one of these for 169.99 and on another cycle online forum bike radar i got told to return it as it was a poor choice considering the tacx flow is £30 more i did reply saying it was only for keeping myself fit when outside weather was bad i just wanted something i could hook my phone up to for heartrate and speed to keep me motivated i dont want to race on zwift or anything. have i made a bad choice

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm not familier with that trainer but Why did the guys on Bikeradar say it wasn't very good?

In my experience the cheaper the trainer the more noisy it is. Is that an issue for you?

If I were you I'd make sure whichever trainer I owned was capable of running well with zwift or BKOOL etc. If you want to use it for any period of time then these platforms motivate far more than just monitoring your heart rate and speed. You don't have to compete against others but the social aspect makes it far less dull. It may well make the difference between using your trainer consistently or leaving it to gather dust as I think the majority of people end up doing.

OP
OP
pe1ter

pe1ter

the actual bike radar team gave it 4 out of 5 stars in the review of it it was just a few members who slated it the reason been it hasnt got automatic resistance its got a manual resistance lever so id be constantly having to adjust whilst doing programes

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yes that's no good in my opinion. Be careful of online reviews. Often the sites rely on revenue, created by advertisements, by the very people who's products they review!

Personally I'd want one which automatically changes resistance. Like I said in my previous post if you have a trainer that is fully compatible with zwift / BKOOL software you're much more likely to use the turbo in the long term.

Have a look on this forum, there's a very nice community of people with mixed ability using BKOOL, and it's a very good motivater. Have a look on eBay and you'll see a large number of trainers for sale which have seen little or no use! It tells its own story.

Best of luck with it!

Top Bottom